Crispi Attiva Shoe - Semi-live review!

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super excited to finally get these shoes in my hands! At the Sheep Show this year I wore them around for about an hour and was very happy with the feel, fit and comfort. They are similar to a Solomon Speedcross shoe, but I believe they are lighter. (I'll weight them soon together).

I typically wear a size 9 in all Crispi boots and because they were out of a 9, I opted for an 8.5 thinking I don't need as much room in the shoe as a boot. I was correct.. when they showed up the 8.5 was a great fit and even on the larger side. I could have gone with an 8 and been okay for room. With the way these tighten, they are going to be just fine.

My uses will be outdoor running, indoor gym/treadmill, scouting/turkey hunting shoe and probably an every day/town shoe to an extent.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Went on a hike a bit ago with them. 60lbs in the pack and I thought they handled the weight just fine. But.... with us living in the Sandhills, we have legitimate beach sand on our roads and it's pretty loose in most places, just like on a beach. The shoes had a lot of sand in them when I got home. Just remember these aren't waterproof or dirt/sand proof.

It didn't come in from the top either, it came through the vents.

I was very Interested in these until I saw they don’t offer a wide option. Still looking forward to longer term reviews in case they start offering a wider size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanC

WKR
Hardcore Crispi fans might like this shoe but just too expensive for a shoe imo. Many, many options out there for a great trail shoe that come in under that price point. Curious as to what you think though long term.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hardcore Crispi fans might like this shoe but just too expensive for a shoe imo. Many, many options out there for a great trail shoe that come in under that price point. Curious as to what you think though long term.
I've been wanting to give them a try myself but the price definitely has me dragging my feet. I'm subscribing to follow Jordan's review on the long term.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Filmed a property for a realtor yesterday in some rougher country. Brought the Attiva knowing we were going to be one some trails/logging roads most of the time. Did about 2 1/2 miles with a light pack on and they really did good. They have a wider sole than the comparative Solomon Speedcross and they definitely feel more stable as I'm not rolling my foot over all the time. It was pretty moderate terrain on top but getting to the top was a long steep climb/descend. It was tough keeping the lacing tight enough on the downhill to keep my foot from sliding around a bit but what do you expect from a shoe in boot terrain?

Overall I'm happy with the shoes performance with a lighter pack on and moving quick in some rougher terrain.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
912af4350f539b956026915b26ad8470.jpg

Reached down to tighten the shoes this weekend and the little tab at the end of the laces broke off. The laces weld into that somehow instead of tying around it. So I tied them together. Not a big deal but note-able.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Updates on these shoes ?? Have you done any mountain type running ??

Thanks !

I’ve done some running and walking on trails in the Black Hills and Badlands with them. They’ve been great for me from going to town to running on such trails. The soles have kept up well and “stiffness” structure has as well.. like they haven’t lost any support. I really have no complaints with the shoes, other than the little tab breaking in the laces which isn’t the end of the world.

Taking them as a camp/approach shoe on an upcoming backpack trip.

Elkangle

WKR
Hey thanks I appreciate the feed back...thinking I want a stiffer trailer runner for some of the stuff I do

Keep up the good work🤙

mdf21

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had these in and out of my cart a half dozen times. Need to pull the trigger

BigLost

FNG
Just chiming in, I've had a pair since April and they've been great. I use them as a trail shoe and will continue to use them for approach this season. Only complaint is the Litebase soles are wearing faster than I'd like. Extremely comfortable.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any updates on these? I'm looking to replace a pair of Salmon XA Pro 3Ds and these are on my research list. I wear my Salmons for everything (300+ days a year) and I wear them out quickly. Looking for a more durable option...

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any updates on these? I'm looking to replace a pair of Salmon XA Pro 3Ds and these are on my research list. I wear my Salmons for everything (300+ days a year) and I wear them out quickly. Looking for a more durable option...

I do think the soles are more durable than the Salomons I’ve ran. BUT... one complaint with the shoes is that the vent holes on top are big enough that water and sand/dirt get in extremely easy. Like walking across the yard on a morning with dew will soak your toes. That’s the one thing that I caution folks with, especially when your spending that much on a shoe.

Csiebert5

FNG
Does anyone use these kind of trail running shoes for actual hunting? Was thinking of trying them instead of my Irish setters but not sure if the lightweight and breathability is worth the sacrifice of stability and durability.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone use these kind of trail running shoes for actual hunting? Was thinking of trying them instead of my Irish setters but not sure if the lightweight and breathability is worth the sacrifice of stability and durability.

I wouldn’t. Look at the crossovers if you want a lower topped shoe