Crispi boots

bcopley1116

Lil-Rokslider
Crispi hunter or Nevada.

Which would be a better choice for a hunting and backpacking boot? The crispi guide or Nevada? Anyone have any experience with either one?

Last edited:
I've used the Guides for a little over a month. For me the choice was easy... I've already got good low cut boots for milder weather, but wanted something warm and a bit taller to keep snow and water out without having to wear gaitors. So far they've been great, they are warm, are breaking in pretty well and I feel stable on them even in steep rocky and snowy terrain.

Also, if you want a boot for summer backpacking an insulated boot might not be the best choice? That said, if I could only have one pair of boots to do everything it would be a lower cut boot.

OP
B

bcopley1116

Lil-Rokslider
I have a good pair of summer hiking boots. Needed something for mid to late season. Do the Nevada boots have as much support as the guide boots since they are shorter?

Ebby

WKR
The Nevadas are great. They have plenty of support. I also have the Hunter boots and they are great but have not tried the Guide. I think it depends on what height you desire. If you want to save a few bucks on some Nevadas, let me know. I have my current pair and 2 extra pairs that I bought but I can't wear out my first pair so I haven't used them yet. My original pair has 5 years and probably 1000 miles on them and are still going strong. I'm size 11.5 if that works for you. I'm a huge fan of the Crispis and the Nevada's especially.

Lee

Crisps makes very good boots. I'm not a huge fan of really tall boots. If probably go with the Nevada model and wear gaiters.

I had a pair of Idahos that j absolutely hammered, Great boots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk