Crispi Briksdal pro SF too hot??

Fozzy26

Lil-Rokslider
I am having problems deciding on new boots. I recently found out my old boots of 5 years are now leaking, and am in the market for some new ones. I like stiff boots, and have tried on the Crispi Briksdal Pro SF, and they fit great! Loved the flex, loved the heel lock, rocker. While thing felt great. My only concern is the 200g insulation. I haven’t worn insulated boots in a very long time, except my pac boots in very late winter. This would be a 95% of the time boot, from antelope to sheep to elk and everything in between. I live in Colorado, so hunting temps mostly from 75 to -10. Is the insulation going to be too hot for this use? The synthetic panels on the Briksdal mtn sf worry me for leaking, especially with crispis reputation on the matter. Any insight on this with people who have worn the pro or pro sf would be great. Thanks

Last edited:

ol490

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a set of the Pro SF’s then obsessed over them being too hot so I returned without trying. Ended up with the MTN SF’s. I haven’t been in any moisture yet to test waterproofness.

I’m interested to hear people‘s response to your overheating question as I liked how the Pro SF’s fit.

OP
Fozzy26

Fozzy26

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a set of the Pro SF’s then obsessed over them being too hot so I returned without trying. Ended up with the MTN SF’s. I haven’t been in any moisture yet to test waterproofness.

I’m interested to hear people‘s response to your overheating question as I liked how the Pro SF’s fit.
I tried them on in the store, but its hard to tell in there how hot they are going to be. They were super comfortable though