Crispi Lapponia II Sizing - ENDED UP GOING WITH A VALDRES

nobody

WKR
Have a pair of Lapponia II’s on the way to my house as we speak. Curious on everyone’s experience with how they fit/their sizing relative to other models and shoes.

I’m an 11 across the board. Altra, Saucony, ON, HOKA Running shoes I’m an 11.

11 in my other 3 pairs of Crispi’s I’ve owned over the years. But Crispi told me to consider sizing down a half size for the Lapponia. Every time I’ve done that with any other type of footwear I’ve regretted it, so I just ordered an 11 like I always wear. Now I’m wondering if I screwed up haha.

Anybody have experience with the fit of the Lapponia relative to other Crispi models?

For reference, I’ve owned and worn:

Thor’s
Idahos
West River II’s (Scheel’s exclusive, same boot as the guide just with Nubuck leather instead of full grain)

Thanks in advance everyone.

4/11/23 UPDATE:
Thanks everyone. Got the boots yesterday and have been wearing them around the house since they showed up getting a feel for them. This is by far the most comfortable pair of crispi’s I’ve ever put on. My heels lock in tight with minimal movement and plenty of toe room (about a thumb’s width) to the end of the boot. Keepers for sure, without question.

For future reference for anyone who stumbles across this thread, I’m unwaveringly an 11 across the board in all running shoes and hiking boots. I have extremely flat feet along with plantar fasciitis, with a slightly wider than average forefoot.

4/16/2023 UPDATE: Ended up returning the Lapponia’s as the outsole started to separate from the boot, and as the leather stretched the toe box seemed to become overly generous introducing excess space and slop. Spent some time trying on other boots at Scheels and ended up bringing home a pair of Crispi Valdres. Not quite as light as Lapponia and a bit stiffer, but very comfortable and well made. Again went with an 11 in standard width. They feel very similar to the Nevadas and Guides in fit, but lighter weight and more breathable. Imagine if a Nevada and a Lapponia had a baby. Very underrated boot from what I can tell so far.

I think if it wasn’t for the sole separation on the Lapponia, I still would’ve returned them. The forefoot was perfect when I got them, but the little bit of stretch they had just made them too big after a few days, even in the standard width.

Last edited:

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
Buddy of mine has returned his twice now and every time too big. He went a whole 2 sizes down. Finally gave up.

OP
N

nobody

WKR
Buddy of mine has returned his twice now and every time too big. He went a whole 2 sizes down. Finally gave up.
Thanks. I’ll keep it in mind. I’ve had fantastic luck with every pair of crispi’s I’ve owned over the years, but all feedback is welcome.

eamyrick

WKR
Only experience I have is the Lapponia I. I wear size 14 and some fit is too snug. The Lapponia’s give me the perfect toe wiggle room, similar to Altra.

OP
N

nobody

WKR
V
Only experience I have is the Lapponia I. I wear size 14 and some fit is too snug. The Lapponia’s give me the perfect toe wiggle room, similar to Altra.
Very helpful, thank you!

They fit larger than other Crispi boots that I’ve tried. I needed a full size down from what I would wear in the Briksdal SC in order for them to fit right.

I had to go half size down (9.5-9) with both Lapponia and Attiva mid. All others have been true to size….the Colorado might be the only one that was close to sizing up.

10ringer

WKR
If you have a wide foot you’ll probably be good. My daily size tennis shoe is 11. I wear 11.5 in all Crispis to give extra room for downhilling. Lapponias I had to drop down to 11 but found it was too wide even at that. It was great on flat ground but on side hills there was no amount of lace tension to keep my foot from sliding side to side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
N

nobody

WKR
Thanks everyone. Got the boots yesterday and have been wearing them around the house since they showed up getting a feel for them. This is by far the most comfortable pair of crispi’s I’ve ever put on. My heels lock in tight with minimal movement and plenty of toe room (about a thumb’s width) to the end of the boot. Keepers for sure, without question.

For future reference for anyone who stumbles across this thread, I’m unwaveringly an 11 across the board in all running shoes and hiking boots. I have extremely flat feet along with plantar fasciitis, with a slightly wider than average forefoot.

OP
N

nobody

WKR
4/16/2023 UPDATE: Ended up returning the Lapponia’s as the outsole started to separate from the boot, and as the leather stretched the toe box seemed to become overly generous introducing excess space and slop. Spent some time trying on other boots at Scheels and ended up bringing home a pair of Crispi Valdres. Not quite as light as Lapponia and a bit stiffer, but very comfortable and well made. Again went with an 11 in standard width. They feel very similar to the Nevadas and Guides in fit, but lighter weight and more breathable. Imagine if a Nevada and a Lapponia had a baby. Very underrated boot from what I can tell so far.

I think if it wasn’t for the sole separation on the Lapponia, I still would’ve returned them. The forefoot was perfect when I got them, but the little bit of stretch they had just made them too big after a few days, even in the standard width.

Just got my crispi lapponias in and man they are comfortable out of box. I went with 9.5 and I’m a size 10 in tennis shoes. Glad I did as they fit about right.

My question is I noticed when lending forward or say walking up steep hill the top of the heel pocket really hurt back of my foot just above my heel. Not sure what to make of this.

10ringer

WKR
Just got my crispi lapponias in and man they are comfortable out of box. I went with 9.5 and I’m a size 10 in tennis shoes. Glad I did as they fit about right.

My question is I noticed when lending forward or say walking up steep hill the top of the heel pocket really hurt back of my foot just above my heel. Not sure what to make of this.

Mine did the same. Put around 50 miles hoping they would break in. Unfortunately the pressure above the heal never went away. I own several crispis and none have this problem.

Would these be comfortable to ruck in? I wore Nevada insulated for my hunt in Colordo and loved them. Im doing the Vortex mammoth challenge and want a lighter non-insulated boot.

pugwylde

FNG
Since this thread got revived, I'll chime in. I'm a 10.5 across the board, but I ended up going with a 10, which was a great choice. I love these boots, lightweight and grip my feet well.

As far as rucking is concerned, while they have done well with 25-30lbs on my back, I would probably slip a different insole in, or wear a cushioned boot sock with anything more, or for long distances. I'm pretty heavy on my heel and I could feel the downhills a touch around mile 6 or so. YMMV.

Thanks for the feedback! I ordered a set and size down 1/2 size. They fit well with room for large darn tuff sock. But they do fit tighter in the width of the mid foot. I don't run EE or wides in other crispi boots but might need to in the Lapponia.