Crispi Lapponia II

Jimss

WKR
I have around 5 pairs of Crispi boots. The one thing I'm always looking for is a lighter boot that still offers support for steep sidehills, rock, etc. I keep in great year-round shape because I hike every day in steep country for work and don't require tall, stiff, heavy boots. I've used low cut boots but they are a pain in the rear with cheatgrass and stickers getting inside my boots....which I hate! I have the Monoco's and they are comfortable and nice but not quite tall enough at 6".

Probably one of my favorite Crispi boots is the Thors. I'm tempted to try to Lapponas since they are just a tad lighter weight than the Thors. It's super nice having lighter weight boots that are still capable of hiking on steep sidehills.

For those that complain about not having enough cushion. I would highly recommend scrapping the insoles that come with the boots and buying insoles that are ideal for your particular feet! Insoles and padded socks are a godsend! I actually buy my boots around 1 size larger so I can insert thicker insoles and socks with extra padding in the soles. I can also let out the laces and wear thicker socks when it's super cold out.

grfox92

WKR
They gave me the worst heel blisters of my life. I wanted to love them buy they didn't work out for me. I also thought they were incredibly ugly but I bought them to hunt and not for fashion.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Would like to hear from those who have had a chance to put some miles on the 2’s….what differences have you noticed from Gen 1 Lapponia’s?

I wore through them on a crest trail in one trip roughly ~40mi.

Decent “boots” to wear to work when I sat at a desk, I could see them being ok for some light duty stuff, but not the boot for me.

They are described by Crispi as their lightest duty boot and are noted to be similar to a trail runner. What were you expecting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slick

WKR
I have worn trail runners that worked better under the same conditions from Hoka and Salomon.

I was expecting similar performance and they didn't fit the bill.

Does that satisfy your curiosity?

RazeRob

FNG
Anyone seen a comparison between these and the Altitudes? I am looking for something less stiff than the Colorados.