Crispi Summit Review

sivart

WKR
I've had these out enough times to do an honest review. Finally found what I think is the perfect Sept Elk huntin boot.

I first tried the Thors. Loved the fit and feel of them. But, when I finally got a few miles on them, I would get a lot of side knee fatigue. The soles on the Thors are just too narrow for me. Felt like I was hiking on ice skates. I'm 6'1" 200 lbs. I have a narrow foot, but even so, the Thor sole was just too narrow.

IMO the Summit is as comfortable as the thor, but with the a wider sole. I have the most pussy feet known to man, and 90% of the boots I've tried give me blisters. Not the Summit. They have that sneaker feel, like the Thor does, but I can hike miles in the Summit with no foot or knee fatigue. They are the perfect stiffness for inclines and hiking with weight, but not too stiff that you get foot fatigue.

Hope this review helps someone....

I love the summits, they are a near perfect boot for me. I wish I had found crispi earlier, because I have wasted a lot of dough trying different boots... no need to look further, crispi builds a boot for anything I’ll ever do, and the fit is like custom for my feet.

mine are holding up really good too.. all around stellar boot for me

10ringer

WKR
If crispi would build the summit with their ankle bone support system it would be a home run!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Airborne1

Lil-Rokslider
How would you rate them on waterproofing? Crossing a stream? Or walking through wet grass for a while? I've been let down by my lowa camino boots even after using their "waterproof" techniques, sprays and creme.

10ringer

WKR
Did this for 5 mins in my summits, zero leaks. Boots were 1 year old at this point. I don’t use any waterproofing. The Gortex bootie that keeps you dry is on the inside. I keep them clean and will occasionally put leather cream on the leather spots. This is a breathable boot and I want to keep it that way. I’ve waterproofed boots like this with leather/suede/cordura mix in the past and they loose ability to breathe and my feet are wet from just sweating. If moving through wet grass you will need gaitors with any boot.
5c16205f8e6eb4a65a433a051241a5e9.jpg

Airborne1

Lil-Rokslider
Did this for 5 mins in my summits, zero leaks. Boots were 1 year old at this point. I don’t use any waterproofing. The Gortex bootie that keeps you dry is on the inside. I keep them clean and will occasionally put leather cream on the leather spots. This is a breathable boot and I want to keep it that way. I’ve waterproofed boots like this with leather/suede/cordura mix in the past and they loose ability to breathe and my feet are wet from just sweating. If moving through wet grass you will need gaitors with any boot.
5c16205f8e6eb4a65a433a051241a5e9.jpg

I do wear gaiters for wet grass. I wanted to hear some first hand experience on their waterproof abilities.
Thanks for the post.

10ringer

WKR
I think the Colorado's are basically a Summit with the ABSS.

I own both and they are very similar. The difference from a 3 flex on the summits to the 4 flex on the Colorado is noticeable. They both walk well on flat ground but the summits just feel more natural. The Colorado’s really shine when your pushing through those nasty climbs. For me the summits really struggle side-hilling if I’m carrying a load on my back. The traction is great but the material wants to fold like a wet taco. Never had that problem with my Solomons or my Colorados.