Crispi waterproofing help

bcopley1116

Lil-Rokslider
I have scoured the internet trying to find an answer on using obenhauf's or Huberds on my crispi Nevadas with a rubber rand. Will using a product like that delaminate the rubber rand?

WesternHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Call Crispi directly and ask for Kendall. He or Mark should be able to answer that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

hiway_99

FNG
And post what they tell you here. I've Ben using obenhauf's for the last 2 years on my gtx. But am curious what Crispi recommends.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kendall advised me to use NIKWAX.. I had been using Obenhaufs as I use this on my Kennetreks. My rand did come apart as you will see in my review. Was it due to the Obenhaufs cant say, but he did say not to use it and the rand had issues.

OP
B

bcopley1116

Lil-Rokslider
Spoke to one of the guys at blackovis this morning and he recommended either the Crispi wax or the NIkwax waterproofing wax. I think I'll give the nikwax a try

twall13

WKR
I did a lot of research on this when I bought my Crispi boots a couple of years ago. I ended up using Granger's Leather Conditioner and it's been a solid product. It's typically a bit harder to find but is available on Amazon. They also make a product called G-Wax that get's good reviews but I opted for the more breathable Leather Conditioner. I use Nikwax footwear cleaning gel prior to applying the Grangers Conditioner and my boots have stayed waterproof and noticeably breathable for two full seasons of hard use. Also, I haven't had any rand separation as of yet.

IdahoElk

WKR
Kendall advised me to use NIKWAX.. I had been using Obenhaufs as I use this on my Kennetreks. My rand did come apart as you will see in my review. Was it due to the Obenhaufs cant say, but he did say not to use it and the rand had issues.

Thanks for the info