Crowd Sourced Optics Comparison (CO area) ***Updated 3/9/24***

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
I probably read it wrong. I thought I heard in the s&s archery review that the 66a is heavier than the 773. Then when I looked up the weight of the 883 it was only 7 oz heavier than the 773. I haven’t weighed any of them it just what I found on the ol interweb.

Where I may be going wrong is some are weights with eyepieces and others are without. I was having a hard time figuring that out.

Edit: I think that’s exactly what I was doing. Weight of the 66a with eyepiece vs the other two without.
All good. The weights listed above should be close. I’ve weighed all but 88.

66 will be less.

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
Made the right call. Tons of snow now (picture from a few hours ago). Visibility is bad too. Fingers crossed next weekend is better!

Attachments

• IMG_9835.jpeg
    IMG_9835.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 22
OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
Yeah it’s stacking up today. With all the interest next Saturday, I’m going to bring my churro cart and make some serious money off you guys.
Fo sho. As long as you bring a tripod/head too

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
Can anyone whose planning to go next Saturday advise if they are bringing a Kowa 55x?

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
Forecast for weekend….more to follow in a few days. Fwiw last Saturday would have been worthless. Way too much snow and low vis.

Attachments

• IMG_9857.png
    IMG_9857.png
    605 KB · Views: 20
Forecast for weekend….more to follow in a few days. Fwiw last Saturday would have been worthless. Way too much snow and low vis.

Realize I’m late to the game, I have a Zeiss Harpia Victory 85 I’d send your guys way if it would make it in time? I won it off the cold bow challenge a few years back so it would be a disservice to the Slide not to send it! Let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
Realize I’m late to the game, I have a Zeiss Harpia Victory 85 I’d send your guys way if it would make it in time? I won it off the cold bow challenge a few years back so it would be a disservice to the Slide not to send it! Let me know

That’s awesome man thank you.

I’m trying to “limit” this a tad bit. The mission creep got real with the growth into the 85s. Not that it isn’t value added I just am trying not to have 50 optics I’m responsible for! For folks local that’s fine because they can care for their own.

In short I’d prefer not to have it shipped at this time if you don’t mind. But am 100% grateful! If someone else in the group is willing to work the logistics more power to them.

Somehow this event has become a bit more stressful than I imagined (thanks freakin weather)!!!

But I did manage to snag 15x clipboards off Amazon so everyone has something to write on ;).

That’s awesome man thank you.

I’m trying to “limit” this a tad bit. The mission creep got real with the growth into the 85s. Not that it isn’t value added I just am trying not to have 50 optics I’m responsible for! For folks local that’s fine because they can care for their own.

In short I’d prefer not to have it shipped at this time if you don’t mind. But am 100% grateful! If someone else in the group is willing to work the logistics more power to them.

Somehow this event has become a bit more stressful than I imagined (thanks freakin weather)!!!

But I did manage to snag 15x clipboards off Amazon so everyone has something to write on ;).

Totally understand!

feanor

WKR
Actually I can’t make it this coming weekend. I was free for last weekend. But I’m looking forward to everybody’s info on the spotting scopes!

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
Actually I can’t make it this coming weekend. I was free for last weekend. But I’m looking forward to everybody’s info on the spotting scopes!
All good. Weather looks like it may be voting again this weekend too. There may still be hope for churros.

feanor

WKR
If it gets put off another weekend, I’ll definitely have to show up and contribute. Thanks again for putting on this show.

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
Unfortunately the weather guessers were right again this Saturday. Dumping outside.

Next Saturday fingers crossed.

Attachments

• IMG_9879.jpeg
    IMG_9879.jpeg
    394.5 KB · Views: 19

work765

WKR
Unfortunately the weather guessers were right again this Saturday. Dumping outside.

Next Saturday fingers crossed.

What part of CO are you in? Pic reminds me of some places up here in Evergreen