WTS Custom Model 70 35 Whelen Ackley Improved

edg1967

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I purchased this gun off another site a little over five years ago when I had been planning a bear hunt, but since then I had another kid, started a new career and built a new house so the gun has sat in the gunroom. I started load development and it shot some pretty decent groups even when fire-forming cases, but I have less than 40 rounds down the tube. I do not know the round count by the previous owner, but by the condition I would estimate it to be low. The gun was assembled by Hofmeister Custom Shop in Trinidad Colorado.

Pre-64 Winchester Model 70 Action (1954-55 era)
Pac-Nor 24" barrel
McMillian Sporter Stock (Green, black, brown & gray swirls)
Tally Light-weight 30mm rings

Blueing on barrel and action are excellent. Stock is also in excellent condition. Included with the sale are the following reloading components...

RCBS 35 Whelen Ackley Improved Dies
65 Nosler 35 Whelen Cases (These will have to be fire-formed to fit the Ackley Action)
51-200gr Hornady SP Interlock (used for fire-forming)
100-180gr Hornady SP Interlock
91-225gr Barnes TSX FB
16-200gr Barnes TSX FB
50-250gr Speer HCSP

I have some loads already worked up that I was going to test, but didn't get a chance. I don't want to ship those because of he cost, but I can give you load data.

Price is $1200.00 for all shipped to your FFL. I would entertain trade offers for a quality LPVO such as a Razor, Nightforce, Leupold, etc.

Until I get a chance to post pics, please send me a PM with email address to post pics. I'm on duty nights, so I generally don't respond until mid-afternoon when I wake up, but I'll get back to you.

Anello

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bump for an awesome deal. I built a custom Whelen with a Ruger action with a 23” Pacnor barrel and it is my favorite rifle ... and caliber. This is a great deal for someone who reloads.