Custom paint on a carbon stick

Schiess16

FNG
I have a Christensen arms Mesa Long range. I love the gun and particularly love the stock. It’s a carbon composite stock. I don’t love the stock color scheme on it considering every Christensen gun ever made looks the same. Looking for recommendations to send the stock off and have it painted or good instructions on DIY. Would rather not spray paint it. Id like a basic color as a base coat and then add some color so it’ll pop.

Wapiti1

WKR
For DIY, get air cure cerakote and have at it. I'd tear it down, lightly sand with 320 or scotch brite it to scuff it, wipe with acetone and apply the base coat. Base coat should be sprayed. Camo or other colors could be splattered on, sponged on, drizzled, or sprayed with masking to the pattern of your choice.

Pay attention to the instructions.

Could also use alumahyde from Brownells, or duracoat.

You can add grip/texture with epoxy and sand, or thickened epoxy like marinetex that you can mold. Do this, then paint over.

Jeremy

TheHammer

WKR
Air cured cerakote base color, with a sponge ceramic paint finish on my ultralight. Everyone who handles it or sees it asks or comments on it.

Attachments

• IMG_1898.jpeg
    IMG_1898.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 32
OP
S

Schiess16

FNG
Air cured cerakote base color, with a sponge ceramic paint finish on my ultralight. Everyone who handles it or sees it asks or comments on it.
Did you use anything to seal it after paying was said and done?

What brand ceramic paint did you use?