Custom Remington Model 7 DBM Transformation - Evolution #4

On changing them, I did the builds on mine to get exactly what I wanted. They were plenty functional in factory form, I had something I wanted, so I did the builds to get it. The barrels are all a lighter contour, Douglas contours are usually lighter than the same number from other makers.

Stainless M7 action, 22" Douglas #2 1/10 rot in .308 Win, McMillan Edge stock, Badger Ord M5, pillar bedded/full length bedded, Trigger Tech Primary.

Stainless M7 action, 21" Douglas #3 1/12 rot in .358 Win, McMillan Mt Rifle stock with edge fill, Badger Ord M5, pillar bedded, Trigger Tech Primary

Blued M7 action, 21" Douglas mt rifle contour dupe 1/8 rot in .223 AI, Trigger Tech Primary, currently in an MDT LSS for the easy of mounting a light for night time predator control on the farm. For years this one was in a Basnser M7 stock with 12.5 LOP for my kids hunting.

On changing them, I did the builds on mine to get exactly what I wanted. They were plenty functional in factory form, I had something I wanted, so I did the builds to get it. The barrels are all a lighter contour, Douglas contours are usually lighter than the same number from other makers.

Stainless M7 action, 22" Douglas #2 1/10 rot in .308 Win, McMillan Edge stock, Badger Ord M5, pillar bedded/full length bedded, Trigger Tech Primary.

Stainless M7 action, 21" Douglas #3 1/12 rot in .358 Win, McMillan Mt Rifle stock with edge fill, Badger Ord M5, pillar bedded, Trigger Tech Primary

Blued M7 action, 21" Douglas mt rifle contour dupe 1/8 rot in .223 AI, Trigger Tech Primary, currently in an MDT LSS for the easy of mounting a light for night time predator control on the farm. For years this one was in a Basnser M7 stock with 12.5 LOP for my kids hunting.
Would love to see some pics. :)

Would love to see some pics.

Would love to see some pics.

Yesterday I changed the base on the .223AI from low Burris to a higher pic rail (also changed grip from thin ultralite to larger...probably not what it will end up with). All the kids are big enough now that they don't need it that low. I could shoot it but had to work to get down on it (same idea with move from thin grip to fuller grip). Adjusted zero and shot a bit yesterday. Much easier cheek weld now. Took a couple of quick pics and pulled the other two out. Sorry for the harsh sun.

223AI, MDT LSS chassis. The light barrel with the light makes the balance pretty good. I had a heavier barreled rifle set up like this previously but it was very forward heavy. The MDT works really well with the kids. I think the LOP can be quickly changed from 10.25 to 14.25. Makes it really handy. Recoil is nothing.

.308 is in the black edge stock. Cerakoted matte black. It's been hunted and shot a lot over the years. Cerakote it worn and scratched as is the stock paint. Full length bedded.

.358 is in the Olive edge fill mt rifle stock, cerakoted sniper gray. Rarely shot, hunted a lot when I first had it built but not much the last few years.

223AI.jpg

308.jpg

358.jpg

I should have got the MDT instead of the DBM I added to the stock. I probably could have sold my pillar bedded stock and bottom metal for more than the chassis or kept it to be able to switch it back later.

What did you add for butt stock and grip and what did they set you back cost wise?

The nice thing about a chassis is the adjustability, option to configure/hang stuff like the light, and drop in fit for any barrel on the same action. I keep one for short 700's/clones as well so I've always got something to put one in.

Neither the stock or grip are anything special.

The stock is a Roger's Super-Stoc:

The previous thin grip was the one in the link below. It helped shorten trigger reach for the kids:

The one I put on yesterday is ok but I'll end up replacing it at some point. It's just a simple rubber textured one. I liked the angle and no finger grooves of the previous better, it was just very thin. I wanted something thicker and I had this sitting here:

Back