Custom ultralight "sheep" rifle

weatherbow21

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I build this rifle to be as light as I could while maintaining accuracy out to medium range distances. I chose a steel barrel vs carbon to add a little barrel weight, hopefully to keep the snappy-ness down best I could. Truthfully it could use a brake, as its still more snappy than I prefer but thats what you get with a 6lb 11oz rifle (as pictured). The barrel is already threaded with a cap so its ready for a brake, suppressor or of course shoot it as is. Its built on a weatherby mark V standard length action, I had some deeper flutes added to the bolt and the knob flattened and knurled, I'd say it was to lighten it but it probably only shaved a few grams off in weight. Its a #4 Leija contour stainless barrel made by Benchmark barrels, 22" long and chambered in 6.5x284. Barrel and action are all cerakoted in titanium. Timney trigger set at 2lbs. The stock was custom made by Pendleton composite stocks/oregon gunsmithing. Its topped with a Leupold VX3 4.5-14x40 and Talley lightweight rings, I never have burned the turret for the scope so I have the CDS certificate for anyone who buys it. I've got a great load dialed in for it shooting 130 accubonds

I've been holding onto this rifle for a while but never have packed it in the mountains like I had planned to and with a bunch of stuff coming up this year, I need to list a few of my least used rifles for sale and this happens to be one of them. Its got an awesome feel and balance to it, for a sheep hunter, ultralightweight hunter or with a muzzle brake it would be an awesome kid/lady gun.

Asking $2100 shipped to your FFL comes with everything pictured, the load data and all the loaded ammo I have for it (should be close to 100 rounds).

Sheep1.jpg

sheep2.jpg

sheep3.jpg

sheep4.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181213_160539 (2).jpg
    IMG_20181213_160539 (2).jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 309
Last edited: