Darn Tough Socks

I have a couple pairs of darn tough socks and love them but they are the heavier sets. I would like to keep giving them my business and am looking at getting a lighter sock for early September. What’s everyone using since they have such a large selection. Want to stay lighter for the heat aspect but still has decent padding for long hikes. Just curious what everyone else is using. Thanks for the input

CJF

WKR
When you say "heavier set" do you mean over the calf full cushion?

OP
huntaholic123
When you say "heavier set" do you mean over the calf full cushion?
Sorry should have been more specific. I am looking for a mid calf sock. The ones I have are a heavier wool for late winter. Looking for a cooler sock for warm early archery hiking.

JHW809

FNG
I have two pairs of the crew light that are in my weekly sock rotation. They are great, just like their heavier socks. I live in Texas so they are in the heat every time I put them on.

jhm2023

WKR
I have a couple pairs of darn tough socks and love them but they are the heavier sets. I would like to keep giving them my business and am looking at getting a lighter sock for early September. What’s everyone using since they have such a large selection. Want to stay lighter for the heat aspect but still has decent padding for long hikes. Just curious what everyone else is using. Thanks for the input

Sounds like the function 5 sock they make is what you need. Cushioned in the places where it's needed and thin in places it isn't. They are my new favorite sock from Darn Tough. The coolmax crew is my second favorite for early season and that's only because I prefer over the calf socks.

Thess87

WKR
There over the calf but I wear the westerner work sock. It’s light cushion. I wear it 365 days hunting and work cold or hot I love them.

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
The hiker cushion and hunter cushion were what they recommended to me, and I've been pleased w them

Roy68

WKR
Ive ran the 1403’s for close to 10 years now. Last month I ordered 4 pairs of 1952’s (spur). I’ve been using them everyday and so far they’ve been great. No real hard miles just everyday ranch miles. They are cooler than the 1403s and the cushion has been adequate so far.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
I like my boot cushion (thick on the sole and light on top of foot) more than whatever lighter weight model I have for hot weather. Seems like I would sweat out the lighter socks a lot faster, and they they weren't as comfortable as the padded socks. The coolmax seem interesting but they aren't even merino and that was kinda my whole point of getting into Darn Tough.

jnagel32

FNG
I wear the T3005 Tactical Mid-Calf Light Cushion for warmer weather and for most of the year to work. I wear the T4022 Tactical Boot Full Cushion for cooler weather months. Both are outstanding in comfort, but it's hard to beat the full cushion.

Raidertx

FNG
I’ve been running the Hiker Boot Cushions. Nothing but good to say about them. For me, my feet always feel hot so I go into it knowing my feet aren’t going to feel “cool”. I’ve been putting the miles in here Tx hiking to get ready for early September. The first thing I noticed was how comfortable these are wear wise, but also when I take them off, my feet almost immediately feel dry. Really sold me on these and will be taking plenty with me this season.

I wear the Crispi Summit 8" boots and am looking for a cool sock that I don't have to roll down/fold over. Most of Darn Tough are over the calf and cause my legs to swell during a 16+hr day in the field. The crew socks are too short. Is there something in between?

jd270win

FNG
I wear the 1403s (Hiker Boot Sock Cushion) exclusively for work everyday, in boots, on the FL gulf coast year round. I like them a lot.

I am a big fan of Darn Tough and have been using them for several years now. For what you are looking for, I would recommend the Crew Light and the Boot Cushion. Another option you may be interested in is the Mid-Calf Light Cushion. Can't go wrong there!