Day six evo x reviews?

Anyone out there try the evo X out for accuracy? Not much info out, I have read the original evo x have excellent reviews. wondering if the x series are the same.

Trial153

WKR
Yes, used the standard size in 100 grains, very comparable to IW and slighly less accurate for me then solids.
I think you will find them more then accepable at any reasonable hunting range.

OP
Shakeandbake
Yes, used the standard size in 100 grains, very comparable to IW and slighly less accurate for me then solids.
I think you will find them more then accepable at any reasonable hunting range.
So you found the day six to be less accurate compared to the IW?

HookUp

WKR
I tested the day six heads and they were not as accurate as the iron wills. Sold them to stay with IW.

I tested the day six heads and they were not as accurate as the iron wills. Sold them to stay with IW.

Did you broadhead tune both heads? I find it hard to believe day six are less accurate when tuned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
Did you broadhead tune both heads? I find it hard to believe day six are less accurate when tuned

I had a tuned set up with IW and screwed on the day sixes planning on maybe even keeping both and they were not as accurate, not even close. I'm sure I could have changed vanes and tune but IMO the IW is a better head design so I sold the day six. Order a pack and test em yourself that's exactly what I did.

Last edited:
OP
Shakeandbake
I had a tuned set up with IW and screwed on the day sixes planning on maybe even keeping both and they were not as accurate, not even close. I'm sure I could have changed vanes and tune but IMO the IW is a better head design so I sold the day six. Order a pack and test em yourself that's exactly what I did.
That’s interesting, I watched the born and raised outdoors guys on YouTube shoot them out of a spot hogg hooter shooter and they were in the top 3 for accuracy. I’m guessing arrow and fletching style can change results also.

dkime

WKR
Evo X will stick with your field points out to around 60yds when tuned appropriately, the 100gr Evo will hang around to about 80yds before that extra drag begins to kick in. Even the owner will never claim that they fly like field points, because they’re not field points. Both have been proven to be extremely accurate for a lot of guys last year. I’ve run both and will continue to carry both in my quiver this year depending on what situation I find myself in. My personal best is 4 animals with an Evo before I ended up giving it to a buddy of mine to check out. Just pulled it apart, stropped it a few times, reassembled and kept on letting it eat. Pretty impressive.

OP
Shakeandbake
Evo X will stick with your field points out to around 60yds when tuned appropriately, the 100gr Evo will hang around to about 80yds before that extra drag begins to kick in. Even the owner will never claim that they fly like field points, because they’re not field points. Both have been proven to be extremely accurate for a lot of guys last year. I’ve run both and will continue to carry both in my quiver this year depending on what situation I find myself in. My personal best is 4 animals with an Evo before I ended up giving it to a buddy of mine to check out. Just pulled it apart, stropped it a few times, reassembled and kept on letting it eat. Pretty impressive.

That’s great info, thanks. I’m going to order some tonight to try out. How did you find yourself tuning them? Just moving sight or the rest? I have heard some guys saying the have to yoke tune these, I guess whatever works.

dkime

WKR
Many many different ways to skin a cat. I start with paper, shoot a bare shaft up close and make it’s a bullet hole. Then go back to 20, see where the bare shaft impacts relative to the fletched shaft. If they’re touching (or close, depending on skill level) then I throw on broadheads and let it rip. I typically have no adjusting required once the bow is bare shaft tuned.

dkime

WKR
a1013e928ee772fb996563fd607f8a0c.jpg

OP started a thread on AT asking for insight and i posted this pic, so i thought I’d share for the rest of the crew here. This was the Evo X exit, granted I do not honestly think blood trails have shit to do with your broadhead of choice but she piled up pretty quick as one would expect.