Dcua ds204 sheep

Anyone have any advice for this hunt or any stories? Going to head up for the opener on August 26th on atvs

fatbacks

WKR
Have fun! Everyone on that late season tag will be heading into the ATV accessible areas on the 26th. Might consider walking in somewhere. I've hunted that tag several times and it is a super enjoyable hunt. PM if you need details

oenanthe

WKR
Yeah, +1 on what fatbacks said.

You'd be better off hiking in on the 23rd or 24th. That way you get a jump on the wheelers.

I've drawn DCUA 3 times - although the last one was in 2004.

I've done it twice, although last year it was 203. Flew in both times and had great hunts, but like what's already been said, I don't think I'd want to ATV it on the 26th.

VernAK

WKR
Starting Thursday, we are to get 3-4 days of relief before it starts again. Jarvis Creek would be a killer.

Early season DS203 hunters will spend some time in the clouds me thinks.

I had DS203 last season and spent time out there during DS204. Be ready for some pressure in all of the ATV accessible areas. Get in early if you can, BTW crossing jarvis, especially now might not be possible. I collapsed the hood on my truck making the crossing last year.

If I have to cross any rivers, I will be bringing a raft...unless of course I hear that it comes down between now and when I head out. Excited to hunt some Delta Sheep! Best of luck to everyone with a permit!

VernAK

WKR
RAINS!........DS203 hunters will be fighting it this year. We are really getting hammered. Hunters hoping to walk in 1402 Hadjukovich Creek will have a miserable walk. Gerstle and little Gerstle are also very high. I haven't been down the Richardson but it can't be good.

Akshphntr

FNG
Well the glacier fed creeks are flooding the others are drying up. the weather is scalding hot. Might find them in some unusual places but the dcua is full of sheep........

VernAK

WKR
Lotsa vehicles parked along the Richardson so many hunters opted for a shorter access route. A friend sent InReach message that he got a nice ram first day and would be out today.