Dead Air Suppressors - Nomad vs Sandman

tgoff

FNG
Looking into getting a do it all suppressor I can use for my AR's as well as a 300 win mag hunting rifle. Was looking into the Dead Air Nomad and Sandman. After talking to customer service, the only clear difference I could really tell was that the Sandman was tougher and would hold up better for duty/EDC use. Anyone use either of these and know any other design/performance differences?

Or if you have another brand/model you'd recommend for one suppressor to use on a wide range of guns.

Thanks in advance

Oldffemt

WKR
I have a griffin recce 7 that I’ve been pretty happy with. Full auto rated, 16 oz, adds approximately 5.75” to barrel length, ti mounts that are ~ 1oz, poi is very repeatable when taking it off and putting it back on. The taper mount is fantastic, no moving parts and it never gets stuck or works loose.
only thing I would change is adding a few different thread pitches for their mounts. Currently they offer 1/2x28, 5/8x24 and maybe a couple metric threads. I’ve been emailing them asking them to do a 9/16 x 24 thread for those of us who use them on hunting rifles but no luck so far. They say they’ll “keep it in mind “

FWIW, I wish I would have bought a lighter can at the expense of it not being full auto rated. I have less interest in mag dumps as I get older and more interest in suppressing my light weight rifles that get carried more than they get shot.

OP
T

tgoff

FNG
I have a griffin recce 7 that I’ve been pretty happy with. Full auto rated, 16 oz, adds approximately 5.75” to barrel length, ti mounts that are ~ 1oz, poi is very repeatable when taking it off and putting it back on. The taper mount is fantastic, no moving parts and it never gets stuck or works loose.
only thing I would change is adding a few different thread pitches for their mounts. Currently they offer 1/2x28, 5/8x24 and maybe a couple metric threads. I’ve been emailing them asking them to do a 9/16 x 24 thread for those of us who use them on hunting rifles but no luck so far. They say they’ll “keep it in mind “

FWIW, I wish I would have bought a lighter can at the expense of it not being full auto rated. I have less interest in mag dumps as I get older and more interest in suppressing my light weight rifles that get carried more than they get shot.
I'll definitely check them out, and makes sense with the weight. I like the idea of a super tough durable can, but that weight adds up. thanks