Defiance anTi action

Looks like a good light action for right under $1000. Can find pre fits for them. I wouldn’t mind picking one up, maybe this coming summer. Anyone had their hands on one?
Awesome action
I just used an Anti LA for my 7 wsm
It weighs 6.4 lbs with a fluted 22" # 5 contour Benchmark barrel.
7lbs 3 oz suppressed.
I've been shooting ridiculous groups with it.
20201029_215308.jpg

2 shots at 765 yards

20201029_215241.jpg

Who did the smith work? Or did you do a prefit?
I had the action sent directly to Benchmark and they put their barrel on, I did the rest.
It only took them 2 weeks cuz they had a blank in stock, they aren't cheap but their barrels are some of the best

Decker9

WKR
Out of curiosity. .. do you know how much Gary is asking for one of those AG stocks?

I never did ask him the prices, I got to fondle a few AGC’s yesterday, the privateer, sportsman, and the CAT (and a anti action). I really liked the fit and feel of the privateer, it seemed a little thicker in my hands vs my wildcat, but still almost weightless in my hands. I’m going to have Gary order one for me next week.

The only issue I have with the AGC’s are the barrel channels. Their all to big for my #1 benchmark barrel. I’m going to make a couple phone calls today to see if I can have the barrel channel milled to match the #1, in which I’ll have a flat top stock ordered. If milling is not possible, then I’ll bed the whole channel using tape to keep clearances. Lots of folks wouldn't mind the gap between stock and barrel, but it drives me nuts lol.

OP
Trees91

Trees91

WKR
Who’s doing profits for these? I’ve found a few but the lightest contour I’ve seen has been a bart 3b. I emailed straight jacket armory but no reply yet.

Bighorn2021

FNG
Classified Approved
Got mine in earlier this fall. Really like it and it weighed in right at advertised weight. Had a Proof Prefit for it and put everything together and it shoots like a dream. Chambered in 7 SAUM. It is my first custom action, but it is smooth, feeds well and does everything I would expect it to do. Would buy another (I have an anTi X on order)

View attachment 229325

View attachment 229326
Is the action ceracoated?

Hunt30

Lil-Rokslider
Following, want to put together a 6.5 Prc using an anti x and might steal some of y’all’s ideas

Dhbwa

WKR
Looking at a build that has a std Defiance AnTi SA with Wyatts. But I better double check as it’s a new build so I don’t know why they wouldn’t have used the XM....

I got confused on the model’s....

Bmhunts

FNG
Proof stock, Hawkins bottom metal, Wyatt’s box and Timney trigger. Basically built the Proof Glacier Ti for half the cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you shot it yet? What's your opinion going this route vs the custom tikka route?

fatbacks

WKR
It shoots really well and I like it a lot. Both my tikka builds and this are very similar in performance. The main advantage of the anTi is achieving sub 6 lb weights. It’s pretty difficult to get any tikka build to come in that light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruno82

FNG
I have the defiance alloy BDL on order, I haven’t decided on a stock yet, AG composites inlets for the XM. The fellow who I ordered the action through said that manners will be inletting for the XM in their UL stock here in the next couple months.

As of now I’m leaning towards a wildcat composites stock in a short action, and getting a smith to work some magic to fit it together. Definitely the lightest option in a stock, and would be the cheapest as well, but the fitting for a XM may put that cost up a bit.
I went with the mesa altitude.

How is the bolt lift and manipulation on these with the nitride? Anyone compared them to a lone peak by chance? My one lone peak action ruined me, but these are cheaper than a steel razor, about the same weight as a ti razor, and have better prefit availability than either.. Very tempting action, especially with the price point of proof prefits.

Last edited:
How is the bolt lift and manipulation on these with the nitride? Anyone compared them to a lone peak by chance? My one lone peak action ruined me, but these are cheaper than a steel razor, about the same weight as a ti razor, and have better prefit availability than either.. Very tempting action, especially with the price point of proof prefits.
The bolt function is very smooth, however it is fluted so if you work it while applying upward or downward force it'll run kinda rough where the fluted surface contacts the edges of the bolt housing.

PRC_GUY

WKR