Defiance machine really going backwards

madcalfe

WKR
Just noticed Defiance has a Anti 2.0 action now. Lighter than the anti but with a full integral rail
Also noticed this actions states "Does not come with headspace guarantee"

Jacks price up, Only selling directly to gunsmiths, and now no headspace guarantee on new action.

anTi2.0right-scaled.jpg

Well, I do like the rail configuration better than the OG and X models.

Edit: not integral rail or recoil lug plus not guaranteed headspace, not interesting.

Last edited:
Recoil lug is pinned on the 2.0 and not integral like the 1.0. Cheaper to make and no head space guarantee.

Reactions: 9.1

BULLBLASTER

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like it is strictly for rifle manufacturers wanting to make and sell full guns and not to component or hobby builders. Gets the manufacturers a less expensive bulk option that they can build rifles with, similar to what defiance has done in the past with branded actions.
Also the rail is not integral and is aluminum.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
The rail is just a 20 MOA aluminum rail. It's not integral. I'm not sure if it comes with pins like the anTi rail or if it's just screws.

The 2.0 models of anti and tenacity seem to be primarily builders actions.

I’m not saying defiance isn’t going backwards, but that was the vibe I got from talking to a gunsmith about it that used defiance while I was selling him a tenacity. So it’s not built for you to do prefits at home, the anti is.

Last edited:
Headspace is not guaranteed on their previous models, LOL.

I'm not sure why Defiance would be an option at it's current state.
One could argue that you shouldn’t trust defiance so it’s not a guarantee.

However, they definitely do guarantee headspace on anti, ruckus, tenacity models with integral lug

“If you watch your scales as closely as you watch your targets, check out the Defiance anTi action—a minimalist take on Defiance’s legendary precision actions. Weighing under 21oz. it still carries the same guaranteed headspace as the Ruckus or Tenacity with integral lug.”

Sevens

WKR
Seems like they should have come up with a different name than “anTi 2.0” and “Tenacity 2.0.” You know there will be someone somewhere who will get his hands on one and think it takes prefits.