Designing a shelter

Beendare

WKR
So i'm thinking of a shelter for 2 guys. Modified tipi shape- I think but no center pole.

Has anyone tried suspending something like this by using a rope tied between two trees? Just thinking that the distance will matter as stretch in the rope will have a collapsing effect on the peak.

i'm thinking since it wouldn't have a center pole, it could have a short center ridge. This should give it more effective headroom. Maybe sew in a section of webbing so you can really put some tension on that ridge for stability.

I know I want less pitch than a tipi...and probably a short section of vertical walls- appx 24"-30" tall. I'm thinking if the roof makes a pretty good eve, I can make the walls from untreated sil so it breathes better.

I was thinking a square shape originally- but probably cant get it tight enough and that shape catches the wind too bad on the sides. I'm thinking hexagon now...and might just want to form a cone instead of ridge...since the roof slopes less the ridge probably isn't a big deal.

any thoughts appreciated