Desperately need help (corn tortillas)

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Also can’t do huevos rancheros with flour tortillas.
I love huevos rancheros with flour tortillas. I also love "good" chile rellenos. Those are hard to find in CO these days. Man, I'm getting hungry now.....and CO Springs just doesn't have much for "good" Mexican food. I might have to go to Pueblo tomorrow.

Stalker69

WKR
It's prolly too late for you to find a hot dark-haired Mexican girl who's still sweet and also good around a fire/heat source, but it's worth a try ...
Shouldn't be to hard to find one, they are coming across the border by the thousands. I am sure you could even find one that would move in and be your cook, house cleaner and such. I personally would look on line for recipes to make them myself, I prefer flour tortillas, and make them myself.

Stalker69

WKR
I love huevos rancheros with flour tortillas. I also love "good" chile rellenos. Those are hard to find in CO these days. Man, I'm getting hungry now.....and CO Springs just doesn't have much for "good" Mexican food. I might have to go to Pueblo tomorrow.
Both are easy to make, chili rellenos are our family favorite. We make them a lot, 2 bushels of chili's every fall, and usually we run out before they are avalible again.

AdamLewis

FNG
Corn tortillas just taste so much better in MX for some reason. I've even made my own a couple times with Maseca corn flour, and I still don't like them all that much...
As far as I can tell it is the corn.

In most places I've been to in Mexico they are using local corn to make masa, which is mostly heirloom varieties. In the US all the bulk corn tortillas are made form Maseca masa from commodity corn that doesn't really taste like anything.

Hence the suggestion to use Masienda masa.

Last edited:

WRO

WKR
My wife likes to use the Bueno brand. They are made here in NM. She seasons the hb with a seasoning I use at work then she spreads it thin on one side. Fries it in a little
bit of bacon grease. When it gets soft she folds it over and fries it longer to make it crisp. The meat cooks inside the tortilla. Then we add whatever ingredients we want on the inside. Usually lettuce, cheese, onion, and green chile. We use Masa to make tamales but it would work to make corn tortillas as well. The best thing about NM besides the elk hunting is the food!
I love hunting and eating in NM.

drdrop

FNG
Game changer on the convenience factor is corn tortillas inside your sliced bread toaster.

Any Mexican groceries in VT?

LostArra

WKR
Arepas are a tasty substitute for tortillas to stuff with meat, cheese, etc.

May be South American rather than Mexican. Made with masa harina or masarepa. Masarepa is harder to find