Dialed Axros vs Fast Eddie XL 2 pin?

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
I've owned multiple spot hoggs, as well as a landslyde and tetra ryz. Played with an Arxos but haven't shot one.

I got rid of everything and kept the spot hoggs. MRT rings are so nice, makes it hard to shoot anything without them.

I would highly suggest you get a hogg father over the fast eddie xl (if you have to gave a dovetail), or a tommy hogg. They are much better sights than the fast eddies.
How are they better?
I’m curious I’ve been shooting FE and based on what I’ve read I don’t find a big difference? But I’ve never seen a Hogg father in person.

OP
JPeters218
A little update on the Dialed Arxos: My friend that has one bent the piece that holds the scope to the housing. It still functioned fine, it was just angled to the left a bit. But today he got ahold of Dialed and they’re sending him a new scope free. The guy even offered to drive it up today rather than ship it.
So the customer service at least seems good. Whether that’s a vortex type situation of questionable products with a good warranty, I’m not sure. He hasn’t had it Long enough to get a good opinion. But the way they handled this situation was impressive.

TX_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
How are they better?
I’m curious I’ve been shooting FE and based on what I’ve read I don’t find a big difference? But I’ve never seen a Hogg father in person.

Sealed gear (although I haven't ever heard of issues caused by the fast eddie open gear).

The big benefits are micro adjust for elevation, and sight marks on the side of the dial.

Tommy vs fast eddie, you also get 3 mounting positions instead of one, which can be beneficial in matching up with peep size.

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Sealed gear (although I haven't ever heard of issues caused by the fast eddie open gear).

The big benefits are micro adjust for elevation, and sight marks on the side of the dial.

Tommy vs fast eddie, you also get 3 mounting positions instead of one, which can be beneficial in matching up with peep size.
Thanks!

Following this, not sure what I want to get either. I have the fast Eddie XL and it’s hard to leave it

TheTone

WKR
I’m excited to check out the new spot Hogg Boonie and hha x3. Features on both look great

Luked

WKR
I have the Fast Eddie XL with a 2 up pin setup.
I really like it and the thing is bomb proof.
I will probably swap out the 2 up pin setup for a 3 pin setup just mainly because most of my hunting is white tail at home and the 2 up pin for that im not a huge fan of.
Other than that I have had zero issues from my Spot Hogg and dont plan to change it.

OP
JPeters218
Super happy with the fast Eddie after a couple league nights. The only thing I’ve struggled with so far is finding the right peep size for the MRT ring. 1/4” was too big, 1/8” was too small, going to try 3/16“ this week lol

Luked

WKR
Super happy with the fast Eddie after a couple league nights. The only thing I’ve struggled with so far is finding the right peep size for the MRT ring. 1/4” was too big, 1/8” was too small, going to try 3/16“ this week lol
I shoot a 3/16 with mine and it centers fine.

ddowning

Lil-Rokslider
I started running a 5 pin fast eddie xl in the middle of this season. I wanted to practice at long range with my hunting bow. Before that I had run a 5 pin hogg it since 2001. I fell carrying my bow and landed with the sight catching my fall twice this year. Both time the sight marks were dead nuts when I checked them after the fall. The thing is tough. They can also be picked up used for a reasonable price.

Mario9292

FNG
I’m excited to check out the new spot Hogg Boonie and hha x3. Features on both look great
Same! I was looking for a new sight and decided on spot hogg after some research. I came across their new boonie sight and it sounds like a solid improvement over their already excellent sights. But I ultimately couldn't pass up a on a new 5 pin fast eddie half off. I'll probably end up buying the boonie base and running the scope from the fast eddie once they release the boonie.

Wright406

WKR
Hipster marketing company vs experienced sight building company. But the bros at TAC would be way more jelly of your arxos…
The “hipsters” actually have a very reputable and knowledgeable owner that doesn’t use any social media backing up the design and input alongside very competent engineers such as Kyle from DCA and a couple others. There’s experience behind the Dialed company needless to say.

Wright406

WKR
I’ve beat the crap out of my ARXOS and have had no issues. I’ve used it low crawling on many antelope hunts, falling during elk season and bouncing it off trees while creeping timber. It has never failed me. Spot Hogg definitely makes a great product and that’s not a terrible choice either. I can say the CS at Dialed is top notch whereas I can’t speak on Spot Hogg, but I’d assume they are top notch as well. Good luck with your decision!

used my arxos for 2 hunting seasons now and it takes a beating and performs well. Very easy to use and some of the early issues with the sight were addressed immediately by the Dialed team. Customer service exceeded expectations. Moved to the 3 pin vertical mag and it is really slick.

I'm in the same boat, I really like the Fast Eddie Spot hogg but the simplicity of the dialed or even the UV slider is very appealing. I think I am going to go UV slider next.

fatlander

WKR
I'm in the same boat, I really like the Fast Eddie Spot hogg but the simplicity of the dialed or even the UV slider is very appealing. I think I am going to go UV slider next.

After playing around with a UV slider, if the spot Hogg fast Eddie and UV were the same price, I’d still pick the hogg. The UV slider is ridiculously priced.

It looks really clean but it’s just not executed that well. Various issues with different batches from the factory. The 3rd axis adjustment on the UV is abysmal. The UV is marketed really well and it looks cool. Time will tell how they hold up to the abuse of hunting in the mountains, but I’d put my money on the Hogg being tougher. The spot Hogg is the sight I want on my bow at the moment of truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slim Jim

WKR
I own a Tommy Hogg for my PSE bow and have had it for about 12 years. Tough and reliable. I will have a Dialed in Arxos dovetail adjustable for my Mathews Lift next month. Pretty excited to shoot both to compare. Looking forward to see how much further I can shoot the Dialed in sight (for long range practice). With the angled riser bracket it should give a little more clearance for the arrow. I’ll let you know what I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk