Diamond outfitters

Status
Not open for further replies.

danadler

FNG
I found Dan with Diamond online and he talks the right talk. I know folks have had great hunts with Diamond based on the website and pictures. Dan couldn't get all 4 of us on our preferred archery hunt but he was able to 'shuffle' things around and find a 3 person 5 day top dollar elk rifle hunt. Since it was only for 3 guys I bowed out and sent my two best friends and there 65 year old dad. They hunted hard for 5 days and didn't see an ELK durning legal shooting light! I say legal shooting light because one of the guys jumped an elk off a water hole walking out that he could see in his binoculars in the moonlight. I called to let Dan know how horrible there hunt was and he was not helpful. He said he wanted to talk to the guide before calling me back. He text me back and said 'one of the hunters saw an elk in his binoculars and should of been looking through his scope'. This is completely false. It was well after legal shooting hours. The fact that the only elk seen was after legal shooting hours is a joke for a top dollar elk hunt. The ranch owner claimed that there were 4 elk on the ranch but he couldn't get a game cam put and was going off what the mail man said!
Obviously hunting is fair chase and there are no guarantees but not seeing an elk on a 5 day expensive rifle hunt is not heard of! I expected at a minimum an apology from Dan and really thought he would offer some of the money back or another hunt on a ranch with elk at a discounted rate. He did not offer either. I want others to know my experience before booking with Dan.
This is a unfair post. I referred your buddies to another guide service (in another state) since we couldn't accommodate them. I did not receive compensation for the referral. I do not work for them or guide for them. No doubt it's disappointing to not see an elk. We see dozens of elk on our Arizona hunts I have been discussing with you. I contacted the outfitter and he said your buddies had not reached out to him and neither have you. So what aren't your buddies talking to the outfitter and why are you talking poorly about us? Here's the facts: http://azdiamondoutfitters.com/references.php

danadler

FNG
My buddy guided for them this year for the first time, they put him in a unit unknown to him with little information on the unit for him to work on. He was successful with his client but his knowledge of the unit was about two weekend of scouting. I would look at other options in my opinion.

danadler

FNG
I think Dan's big issue right now might be having too many irons in the fire. TV show, hawking rifles, running a guide business. My impression from my admittedly limited experience with his outfit is that he may be reaching a point where its all a bit too much to manage to provide a quality experience for his customers.

I inquired last fall about an archery deer hunt for Jan 2020 and much like @Buck22 said, he talks the right talk. I had some very specific requirements for how I wanted to hunt and Dan really got excited and made all sorts of suggestions and prognostications. So I filled out the paper work and forked over my deposit via CC. I heard from him or one of his guides periodically through last winter and this summer but we never settled on a firm Jan date. Heck they even did all my applications for me for points. So I emailed and called and called and emailed and he'll occasionally try to reach me during work hours but noone seems to care that I'm supposed to be hunting in Jan and need to schedule firm time off work. His messages he leaves seem to imply that he's never heard of me and he talks about the "possibility" of hunting in Jan.

Honestly I think at this point there's too many balls in the air and as with any outfit some folks will have a good experience but service may be suffering. At this point I view it as a $5-600 lesson.
I appreciate your concern for my busy schedule, thank you! I have 51 team members, all of which are active or retired military and first responders, local cowboys and career long professional guides. We also have 2 admin and two VP's in the company. So not to many balls in the air. But if we don't have enough information to send you a contract, we won't send you one. Your deposits never expire, so you're welcome to schedule your hunt when you are ready to kill a critter or two with us! http://azdiamondoutfitters.com/references.php

bowuntr

WKR
That isn't nice to post things are not true. Give me a call if you'd like to discuss.

Not true? Since my post... Blake Owens was convicted of 5 felonies and now is no longer on your web site as a guide. I have nothing against your outfit but I am against you calling me a liar. Lots of damage control here and not cool using military, first responders... to try to steer you clear. Ed F

danadler

FNG
Not true? Since my post... Blake Owens was convicted of 5 felonies and now is no longer on your web site as a guide. I have nothing against your outfit but I am against you calling me a liar. Lots of damage control here and not cool using military, first responders... to try to steer you clear. Ed F
Hi Ed, nobody is calling anybody a liar. No damage to control. We never felt like anyone has anything against the outfit. We simply offered a courtesy call by phone if anyone would like to discuss the topic. We are culturally against any cyber-wars or name calling, and we're confident you are too. Thank you Sir.

rickmdon

FNG
Dan Adler, my friend.... You know what, I have a buddy that hunted with you and he told me you had him sneaking into someone else's property and poaching deer. You're defending yourself for a reason my man, don't be lying to people. Diamond Outfitters of Arizona and Dan Adler (the owner) are not looking out for their customers. Please stay away from this crook.

rickmdon

FNG
Just like anything else, ya get what ya pay for. Good luck
With Dan Adler you get far less than you pay for. Any other AZ guide or outfitter is a better bet.
Your post Paul is unfair and untrue. Not sure why you wrote this post, it's beneath you--as is not tipping your guide. You contacted us only after you drew that tag, and was advised by me personally as to the challenges of that hunt and elk numbers. Despite the difficulty of the unit your guide is featured in Huntin Fool magazine articles repeatedly for this unit, so fair to say he knew it? He's guided in it and hunted it personally for years and is a nationally recognized first responder and hero. The hunt you were on experienced a massive snow system that closed all the highways on every side of you and for a while, days, you were essentially landlocked. No recognition of that here? You signed up for a base camp hunt and instead got a nice large trailer with heat. No recognition of that here? Paying money for a hunt doesn't entitle you to an elk, except maybe in a high fence. Also, please read carefully your signed "client acknowledgement" form (it's a legal document). You are better than this post reflects Sir. Good luck in your future endeavors.
Everyone, look at what a whiny little boy Dan Adler is. THIS is what you get if you book with him, no professionalism, no respect. This guy will out you for "not tipping". Dan, you do realize you have to earn your tips right? You're so concerned with money but you suck as an outfitter. Try again bud, and stop attacking former customers who are only telling the truth. Everyone has a right to know the truth about Diamond Outfitters.

danadler

FNG
Dan Adler, my friend.... You know what, I have a buddy that hunted with you and he told me you had him sneaking into someone else's property and poaching deer. You're defending yourself for a reason my man, don't be lying to people. Diamond Outfitters of Arizona and Dan Adler (the owner) are not looking out for their customers. Please stay away from this crook.

Ah yes, the classic "I have a buddy" forum post!
What do you think? Animal rights activist or competitor? Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders supporter? Not sure, FAKE NEWS either way lol.

Tom Brady has a lot of fake news posted against him too. I guess it's cause he's got 6 Super Bowl rings.

We got big shoulders, and over 1,100 clients who love us and hunt with us year after year after year.
Here are just a few: http://azdiamondoutfitters.com/references.php

Is that to say we've never had a hunt not go well? Nope, but we take care of our actual clients.

Unless you can post a contract that shows this guy is real and hunted with us this will be the last response to this post.

danadler

FNG
With Dan Adler you get far less than you pay for. Any other AZ guide or outfitter is a better bet.

Everyone, look at what a whiny little boy Dan Adler is. THIS is what you get if you book with him, no professionalism, no respect. This guy will out you for "not tipping". Dan, you do realize you have to earn your tips right? You're so concerned with money but you suck as an outfitter. Try again bud, and stop attacking former customers who are only telling the truth. Everyone has a right to know the truth about Diamond Outfitters.

Ah yes, name calling, the senior tactic of the guilt ridden entitlement generation. The tip wasn't for me, it was for your guide lol. You outted yourself by writing an unfair review. You can delete all of this anytime you want. If you really believe that we're that concerned about money you don't know us at all.

$300,000 donated to Conservation in 18 years. Life members of all, yes all, the national hunting and conservation organizations. Chadwick Ram Society members at Wild Sheep Foundation, donated national speaking engagements and seminars at most of the national events. Over 100 fully donated hunts to wounded warriors, gold-star kids and first-responders. I could keep going but the post doesn't warrant it. But there is always this: http://azdiamondoutfitters.com/references.php

Status
Not open for further replies.