Did CA Fish & Wildlife just betray hunters

Just saw this posted for antelope which I believe is the first species of an ongoing project. They’ve created a map of where everyone harvested their goats. Are we the first state to do this or has this happened before? It always felt wrong answering where you harvested a game animal on the tag and this brings that message home. https://cdfw.maps.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/76817a519cc446bdb1cd0ecbc82487dc

Attachments

• C8E71903-C9F6-4296-861A-6E3977BB1E1F.png
    C8E71903-C9F6-4296-861A-6E3977BB1E1F.png
    1,005.2 KB · Views: 67

buzzy

WKR
Or go down to the local donut shop and find a rancher who will pay you to take one of those rats off his farm.

WKR

WKR
They have had this for deer for years already. I dont know about you but im not extremely specific on my harvest reports for this exact reason

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
Doesn’t seem that different than states out east publishing success rates for whitetail. Might not be as helpful as that map on big blocks, but on archery only WMAs that may only be 100 acres, wouldn’t be too hard to map scout ones with disproportionally high harvest rates.

Based on the fact I see more hunters on those type of blocks than a lot of big land, and everyone seems to be seeing deer, I’d say it’s a pretty commonly employed strategy.

WKR

WKR
Here is a map of boone and crockett whitetail bucks killed by county for the whole US . Maps are pretty commonly used by fish/game and conservation orgs . I dont think it appears that out of line
download (2).jpeg

CHAD PEZZLE

Lil-Rokslider
I think the interactive map is voluntary when you submit your tag info online. I give very generalized location markers. Never actually use the interactive map to mark the location for this reason.

Honey holes don't stay that way if you freely give away that info.

But, I don't think it's a big conspiracy theory.

amassi

WKR
Bingo nearest popular landmark, preferably no where near a hunting area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on avaliable information, that map isn't really giving anything away that isn't easily found elsewhere.

WKR

WKR
It's interesting how many points are within a game refuge.
Interesting, yes. Surprisingl? Not at all.
There are so many guys that ignore or don't even know not to hunt in those state refuges. And there isn't many wardens out there enforcing that law.

It's interesting how many points are within a game refuge.

I presume you're referring to the US Dept of Interior property. The Dept of Interior's US Fish & Wildlife Service refuge system allows for conservation management of wildlife species. State managed lands may or may not allow hinting, though.

WKR

WKR
I presume you're referring to the US Dept of Interior property. The Dept of Interior's US Fish & Wildlife Service refuge system allows for conservation management of wildlife species. State managed lands may or may not allow hinting, though.
No, he is talking about state game refuges. The ones that don't allow firearms or hunting.