Difference in muzzle velocity Sig 2400 vs Applied Ballistics

I just finished truing data on one of my rifles. Using both the sig app and applied ballistics on my phone. I got my adjustments to match up with both software programs, however there is a large discrepancy in muzzle velocity. All inputs/variables/pressure/etc. are identical.

Applied ballistics shows 3014fps mv
Sig 2400abs shows 3080fps mv

Both show the same come up for various yardage that I've tested. I know that sig uses AB software so I expected them to be much closer when truing the data. Someone more experienced than me, what's going on here?

If you haven't already double check all the environmental data and zero data is the same. Temp, elevation, zero distance & height, BC G1vs G7 etc etc.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
It seems like something must be off. I haven't had this issue, and I've been using those two side by side for quite a while.

OP
B
When I get a chance I'm going to go over everything again. Only thing I can think of is temperature but I can't imagine it cause that large of a shift

OP
B
Well it looks like I missed something! Wind angle was 90 degrees on 1 and 270 degrees on the other. Did not realize that'd cause a .2 mil difference at 600! And a velocity difference of 65fps.

They are now corrected within 2.5fps of each other. I'll take it

Last edited: