Disingenuous company reviews

grfox92

WKR
Disingenuous behavior is absolutely inherent in capitalism, what kind of fairy tale world are you speaking of? One example out of many I could name, “the used car salesman”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The used car salesman has nothing to to with capitalism and everything to do with morals and ethics, much like it was mentioned above by ODB.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

The used car salesman has nothing to to with capitalism and everything to do with morals and ethics, much like it was mentioned above by ODB.

Morals and ethics don’t exist in capitalism.

So are you a communist? Is communism where morals and ethics exist?

No, I’m not a communist. Hard to believe morals and ethics exist in any government. Good individuals are moral and ethical, mom and pop small businesses in a community, large entities making money or rules most likely are not at some level.

WKR
Not to get too deep here but its just a reflection of modern america. And its a repeated cycle of previous empires. We started with values built on honor, hard work, doing what is right. Are values now as a nation are more about climbing the ladder, personal comfort, money, and power. Hence, we are entering the age of decline. Listen to the Fate of Empires on youtube. I forget the name of the guy who wrote it but its downright creepy to listen too when you realize where we are on the timeline for an empire.
FYI, you're correct that you went way too deep on a reply to a comment about online reviews, lol. I dove right in anyway and listened to the narration of that piece on YouTube yesterday. Now I'm ready to move to Costa Rica.

Back to the original rant, reviews are only going to get worse now that AI will be writing most of them.

The best review situation I’ve seen of late related to the local store of a regional auto shop chain. They came out of COVID with a bunch of real winners for their front office staff. Poor review after poor review on the website, with someone from company management replying back to the bad reviews with “that doesn’t sound like us”.

When you read down the list of reviews and see that response 15-20 times, sorry but that does sound like you.
The company responses are often more telling than the reviews. I like the one where the customer is clearly known to the business and the business response is "please reach out to us." When I read that, I read "we can't be bothered with contacting you."

Fowl Play

WKR
Every company in the world has the ability to cherry pick what reviews they show.... it's an unfortunate reality. If you do see a company only shows high star reviews, a workaround is to leave a 5 star review with your real review in the comments. If they don't actually check, it will serve as a warning for future buyers. If they do check and remove it.... then there's nothing you can do anyway.

roymunson

WKR
No, I’m not a communist. Hard to believe morals and ethics exist in any government. Good individuals are moral and ethical, mom and pop small businesses in a community, large entities making money or rules most likely are not at some level.

You realize mom and pop are capitalists too. They're in it to make money, right? Capitalism and money are amoral. It's humans that screw everything up.

As an owner of a small business my plan is to make money while treating my people and my customers well with generosity. I can do that and make money too. If you can't thats a shortcoming or character flaw on your part.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
You realize mom and pop are capitalists too. They're in it to make money, right? Capitalism and money are amoral. It's humans that screw everything up.

As an owner of a small business my plan is to make money while treating my people and my customers well with generosity. I can do that and make money too. If you can't thats a shortcoming or character flaw on your part.
Agree. Capitalism is a system, money is a tool. The use of both reflects on the user, and big companies can act ethically too.

The idea that greed is good and that capitalism equals greed is a poison pill. Some have planted it intentionally as such, others have foolishly overreacted to other systems (such as Ayn Rand). Regardless of intent, but erode the structure of a high functioning society.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Everything’s a lie man

Nothings real
A logical impossibly. If everything is a lie, then that statement is a lie, so there must be truth. If that statement is true, then everything is not a lie.

This attitude is an excuse for people to not grapple with difficult issues.

Geewhiz

WKR
The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Of course we can't have that though.

A logical impossibly. If everything is a lie, then that statement is a lie, so there must be truth. If that statement is true, then everything is not a lie.

This attitude is an excuse for people to not grapple with difficult issues.
You don’t even exist man stop lying to yourself

Yeah…I do realize that, and I agree w what you’re saying, my point was that a small business like mine or yours is less likely to be disingenuous, a lot more difficult when word of mouth about your practices can get around. Obviously humans screw capitalism up, we created it, the immoral use it as well as the moral, there’s always going to be individuals or groups that misuse the system.

Last edited: