Disingenuous company reviews

MattB

WKR
The best review situation I’ve seen of late related to the local store of a regional auto shop chain. They came out of COVID with a bunch of real winners for their front office staff. Poor review after poor review on the website, with someone from company management replying back to the bad reviews with “that doesn’t sound like us”.

When you read down the list of reviews and see that response 15-20 times, sorry but that does sound like you.

DWD

Lil-Rokslider
I give this thread 4 stars. I didnt read any of it but the title, and had to click to the second page which is why I took off one star. But it’s rokslide so I rated it high to begin with. I’ll post an update when I actually read it.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
This is why I place no value in the reviews on a company's own website. This is rampant in almost any consumer company. The restaurant industry may be the worst.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Not to get too deep here but its just a reflection of modern america. And its a repeated cycle of previous empires. We started with values built on honor, hard work, doing what is right. Are values now as a nation are more about climbing the ladder, personal comfort, money, and power. Hence, we are entering the age of decline. Listen to the Fate of Empires on youtube. I forget the name of the guy who wrote it but its downright creepy to listen too when you realize where we are on the timeline for an empire.
^^^

grfox92

WKR
While I have no proof, I would say Sportsmans Guide is very guilty of this practice. All of their $40 boots have thousands of 4 and 5 star reviews talking about how they are so waterproof, and last for 5 years. Most of their branded products carry the same high review count of raving reviews for cheap junk.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

DanimalW

WKR
I had a new bathroom fan from Home Depot installed when I remodeled my master bathroom. (brother in law is an electrician and installed it). Heating element burned out days after the 1 yr warranty. Called manufacturer to see if they’d still honor it. Nope. Left a review about it on Home Depot. Later that day the manufacturer contacted me about the review. Few days later a replacement element was delivered. Negative review was never posted, but the issue was resolved. At the time anyway. POS is burnt out again…

Bakey

FNG
I like a 3 star review. It will have the good things about and the bad.

It's very suspicious when a new product drops and 4 different publications/people have almost word for word copies of each other's homework.

Traveler

WKR
I don’t know. Most people probably don’t provide references to others that won’t speak highly of them either

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
Review software has this feature built in. Anything that’s 5 star gets posted or you’re “invited to post it” . Less five or four stars gets sent to the company directly first. It presents itself to the customer like an internal survey first, if they respond and it’s positive it invites you to write a review. The idea that I have been pitched by these companies is that it gives you a chance to address the situation first before it’s public. This was for google reviews too, not just on our website

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I give this thread 4 stars. I didnt read any of it but the title, and had to click to the second page which is why I took off one star. But it’s rokslide so I rated it high to begin with. I’ll post an update when I actually read it.
"This thread has everything I wanted and needed. Price was good. 2 stars!"

jayhawk

WKR
Don’t believe any product reviews you see on most company websites. Usually the manufacturer is an advertiser and the whole thing is just one big ad.

Stalker69

WKR
Companies ( and people in general) are just following what our government does. Lie, cheat, steal, what ever it takes to get ahead. Sad times, and it's hard to believe, but it's only going to get worse.

A reductive comment. Disingenuousness is not an inherent component of capitalism. It is due to a lack of morals/ethics. Same as greed.

Disingenuous behavior is absolutely inherent in capitalism, what kind of fairy tale world are you speaking of? One example out of many I could name, “the used car salesman”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro