DIY gadgets for glassing and wood stove

BeWitty

Lil-Rokslider
I enjoy looking at everyone's DIY projects/modifications and thought I'd share a couple of mine. I've never sewen before but I'm pretty good with metal, plastics, and wood.

First up is my first attempt at a Wood stove. This is not an ultralight, it weighs 14 lbs and is made out of sch10 SS pipe and 18 gauge top/back/front. I'm going to make another one soon completely out of 22 gauge SS. It should be around 4 lbs. This one will be stashed at a spot I go to multiple times a year and packed out at the end of the season.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 269
OP
B

BeWitty

Lil-Rokslider
Here is my digiscope adaptor. It is a work in progress. It's a bit weak and my next will be much better. I used a 1 1/2"X1 1/4" reducer bushing and flat PVC sheet.

The other pics show my Bino to tripod adaptor made out of aluminum angle and a custom handle made out of nylon tapped into my Vortex Summit tripod. I also made a base plate out of ss because I didn't want to pay $20 for one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 274
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 250
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 220
Great Idea!

I like this! Please keep posting your updates as you continue to develop this.

Here is my digiscope adaptor. It is a work in progress. It's a bit weak and my next will be much better. I used a 1 1/2"X1 1/4" reducer bushing and flat PVC sheet.

The other pics show my Bino to tripod adaptor made out of aluminum angle and a custom handle made out of nylon tapped into my Vortex Summit tripod. I also made a base plate out of ss because I didn't want to pay $20 for one.