DIY NM Aoudad hunt need advice

This is great info y'all, thanks. My brother's Savage model 99 won't have the gas, I'll have to see if I can talk him or my wife into a new rifle. Or win one from BHA

I’m sure it’s not easy! I drew a Barbary tag for Late February and I’m excited to get after them DIY. I haven’t really done my e-scouting in earnest yet (1st elk, then an archery Nilgai tag in South TX in Dec, then I’ll focus on this one), but even with a drawn tag this is not going to be easy.

Everything I look at is large tracks of public but with no access from any public roads? It’s like they sold off every single thing that borders a road. Again, I haven’t put the time in yet, but this looks like it’s going to be a real challenge. I did drive through my unit(s) on the way home from my CO elk hunt a couple weeks ago. Already had all the glass in my truck so I figured I could scout some and did find a couple ewes & kids.

35ef54053cf08962d68257e7e395a049.jpg
30cf545e00dcb79f3077d992555e23e6.jpg

You can’t cheat the mountain
How did your hunt go and what units were you in? I have a hunt coming up this February and I'm starting to plan. I'm trying to decide if it will be most effective to do a backpack style hunt on public land. It sounds like the hunting pressure will have pushed the barbary sheep to more remote areas by February?
Thanks