DIY Stove ?

Big6810

FNG
a462b44c0ae6f0fa6b37f47f6c48d9a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big6810

FNG
Built my own stove from following various diy threads.

Body is titanium from lite outdoors, pipe is stainless from fastenal, end plates are SS burner covers from Walmart. I've got a little over 100 bucks into it. If I can do it anyone can.

gudspelr

Lil-Rokslider
Great job on the stove-I didn't realize you could get stainless like that from Fastenal. Would you mind sharing the particulars of the material/how they have it labeled? Would be kinda nice to source some of the materials locally.

Jeremy

StrutNut

Lil-Rokslider
Nice job! I was just watching videos over the weekend about how to make a stove out of a metal 5 gallon bucket and this looks very similar.

Big6810

FNG
Fastenal can special order stainless shim stock 12inches wide by 8.25 feet long in various thicknesses. Cost was I think 22 bucks.

gudspelr

Lil-Rokslider
Fastenal can special order stainless shim stock 12inches wide by 8.25 feet long in various thicknesses. Cost was I think 22 bucks.

Thanks for that info. What was the thickness of the shim stock you got? Would you get the same again? Oh, and what's the diameter pipe you end up with on the 12" wide stock?

Jeremy

Big6810

FNG
Three inch pipe. I think the thickness was .025, it's a bit thick but you can still roll it up. It's a little harder to work with because of the thickness. You'll need a second person to help you roll it in a pipe the first time. After it gets hot it's easy to do by yourself. I went with this pipe because of the price, I can build five stainless pipes for the price I can build one titanium one. I would try to get something thinner next time though.

dog812

WKR
Big6810, what's your stove weigh?
For $100 that's awesome, I am considering building one!
Don't suppose you have a tutorial or materials list handy?

Big6810

FNG
Not sure on the weight. I know it's under 3lbs. It has the same specs as the lite outdoors stove as far as fire box volume. I can put a parts lists together.

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
I don't understand how the stove pipe packs up so small? Is it in pieces?

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
Ah, I get it. You roll it in the opposite direction for packing. Does it have a memory and retain the shape at all?