Do engineers have a sense of humor?

robtattoo

WKR
You ever try changing the plugs in a mid '80s Jag XJS?
Air cleaner box off.
Disconnect throttle linkages (which de-synchronises the carbs)
Carbs off.
Rocker covers off.
Inlet manifold off
HT lead separator tray off
THEN you can get to the 12 sparkplugs.....

Reassemble in reverse order, obviously replacing all gaskets as you go, then re-synch the carbs.

We used to book 6 hours for what should be a 20 minute job. AND that's assuming you got the damn leads on right the first time.....

robtattoo

WKR
I'm also told that with the newer Ford diesels, if you need to do ANY work on the back of the motor, the body shell has to come off (I'm going purely off hearsay)
That sounds like a BUNCH of yuks.......

Yoder

WKR
I work on automated equipment from Japan. I have this theory that they design everything out of hatred for the USA. They are getting us back one design at a time for dropping nukes on them in WWII.

TaperPin

WKR
I had an architect that liked to use a certain engineer - his designs were noticeably over built and expensive, but I didn’t question it for nearly a year. Then, at a bbq I randomly met a gal he worked with - after a few margaritas she spilled the beans that the guy purposefully designs side work for architects 50% stronger than needed because he doesn’t carry errors and omissions insurance. Lol

I had an architect that liked to use a certain engineer - his designs were noticeably over built and expensive, but I didn’t question it for nearly a year. Then, at a bbq I randomly met a gal he worked with - after a few margaritas she spilled the beans that the guy purposefully designs side work for architects 50% stronger than needed because he doesn’t carry errors and omissions insurance. Lol
The only thing worse than an engineer is an architect.

You ever try changing the plugs in a mid '80s Jag XJS?
Air cleaner box off.
Disconnect throttle linkages (which de-synchronises the carbs)
Carbs off.
Rocker covers off.
Inlet manifold off
HT lead separator tray off
THEN you can get to the 12 sparkplugs.....

Reassemble in reverse order, obviously replacing all gaskets as you go, then re-synch the carbs.

We used to book 6 hours for what should be a 20 minute job. AND that's assuming you got the damn leads on right the first time.....
You can't bring British engineering into this conversation...with there Whitworth fasteners and horrible wiring systems..positive ground really? The frame of my MG TC is wood...
You know why British folks drink warm beer? Because Lucas makes refrigerators too.

Don't even get me started on VWs and Audis...My wife's Q5 windshield wiper resevior is against the firewall I have to use a beer bong to put washer fluid in it...a jug wont fit between the hood and resevior and just wait till you have to use the "spare tire"....they have a sick sense of humor.

robtattoo

WKR
You can't bring British engineering into this conversation...with there Whitworth fasteners and horrible wiring systems..positive ground really? The frame of my MG TC is wood...
You know why British folks drink warm beer? Because Lucas makes refrigerators too.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I would love to know where the warm beer thing started off. I've never had a warm beer in my life!

def90

WKR
My 2006 Dodge Dakota is the only vehicle I've ever owned that let me empty an entire of washer fluid in to the reservoir when it was empty.

npm352

WKR
Ladies, how can you tell if an engineer is into you?

He looks at your shoes when he is talking to you...

jimh406

WKR
Some have a sense of humor, but some just don't have any practical experience. I bet the person who spec'd that never filled one. Fwiw, not all are that small as noted already on this thread.