Does Exo Mountain Frame BARREL??

Having tried countless packs over the years nothing met my approval except for Kifaru. I do not even have a need for another pack. However, for some reason the new Exo Mountain has my curioucity. Would it be another return shipping cost or?? I know it has a titanium wire type frame and some type of frame sheet. My question is when a heavy load it strapped down, does the frame barrel? How would it carry irregular shaped objects. I haul my tree stands and ground blinds with my Kifaru's. I know they are new and not many even have them yet but any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Rizzy

WKR
There is a cross member down low that would prevent barreling. The stays are not free floating like in a traditional internal frame pack.

OP
H
I am interested in seeing some unbias reviews of this system. Except for Kifaru, nothing has met my liking. For some reason this pack has my attention?

This was a major design aspect for us when we designed the frame. There is nothing worse than a pack that when loaded down with weight (when you need it to be the most comfortable) the frame starts to barrel and change its shape. Like Rizzy said this is far from a traditional two stay pack where the stays float, they are basically locked in place with how the frame attaches to the pack.

Also just the design of the frame with it being a one piece Titanium rod makes it impossible for it to barrel at the top and then lower down on the pack we have a 5/8" 6061 Aluminium cross bar to prevent the load strapped to the pack to have any affect on its shape.

Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

• X91A9675-webti.jpg
    X91A9675-webti.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 169
OP
H
I hope you guys are very successful. It seems to be a very well thought out pack. I cant wait to see reviews on here and elsewhere.

AndyB

WKR
Looks like a great pack, definitely on my shortlist!.........One question Steve.... how did an old double decker 'London Bus' end up in Idaho? :)

OP
H
I have a Kifaru bikini. For the first time a pack other than Kifaru is interesting to me. Doesn't hurt to have more than one pack system?

NVCHUKAR

WKR
As hammer just said, pack really interests me, plus the price point is almost half a bikini and timberline. I also have a bikini and a late season

Looks like a great pack, definitely on my shortlist!.........One question Steve.... how did an old double decker 'London Bus' end up in Idaho? :)

Good question, lol. I have no idea, the guy that lives there at the trailhead we always take off on has a ton of old cars laying around.

JWP58

WKR
I have a Kifaru bikini. For the first time a pack other than Kifaru is interesting to me. Doesn't hurt to have more than one pack system?

Apparently you've never heard "if it aint broke, don't fix it". If you own a pack that you believe to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, why look elsewhere?? I don't get it.

bbrown

WKR
Apparently you've never heard "if it aint broke, don't fix it". If you own a pack that you believe to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, why look elsewhere?? I don't get it.
Why worry about how someone else spends their money?

NVCHUKAR

WKR

Some people own more than two cars, two bikes, multiple fishing poles, ect. There might be an advantage one pack over another, It might be better or worse than a kifaru but you won't know until you try it. For me I have a weak spot for backpacks and this one looks like its well designed and worth a try.

dotman

WKR

So guess it is wrong to own more then one gun, bow, shelter, etc..

Kawabunga

Lil-Rokslider
Some people own more than two cars, two bikes, multiple fishing poles, ect. There might be an advantage one pack over another, It might be better or worse than a kifaru but you won't know until you try it. For me I have a weak spot for backpacks and this one looks like its well designed and worth a try.

Sounds just like me, cars and all, he, he. waiting " patiently" on an Exo in ASAT.

OP
H
Apparently you've never heard "if it aint broke, don't fix it". If you own a pack that you b MMUelieve to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, why look elsewhere?? I don't get it.

This is a thread in reference to a promising product being introduce. Don't try and get it. Find something else to go do with your time.