Does Exo Mountain Gear ever have sales?

Alabama

FNG
I see there is very high praise here about their 3500 and 5500 packs but they are a little over my budget (need to buy a better spotter this year too). I really want one of these packs!

So do they have any sales or coupon codes?

adirondak5

Lil-Rokslider
Not that I am aware of , when they first started offering packs early last year I think they had $50 off pre orders but after that regular price . Usually a product that has a demand like the Exo packs and the quality and reviews to back it up rarely goes on sale . I've seen a few used Exo's go for pretty good prices on fleabay and in the classifieds here , but most bring a pretty good price even used .

dotman

WKR
Getting one in the classifieds is about the only sale you'll find. Most companies that are back logged on their product and have customers waiting will not put their product on sale.

That said you could easily get into a kifaru for under $500 for this season if you get the new UL frame and cargo panel, cost is $458, add an OR 55L dry bag for pack in hunts for another $35.

You could add a few pockets and or camp bag down the road.

Fyi... If you want one for this year you better order now or you may not get the pack before your hunt.

Last edited:
You should be able to get the EXO frame and beaver tail for (280+40)=320 plus T&S

I ran my EXO most of last year with dry bag and beaver tail since I was hunting out of a truck most the year.

Now if he has any available would be the 60k dollar question. Worth the phone call though.

Nosferatu

Lil-Rokslider
You should be able to get the EXO frame and beaver tail for (280+40)=320 plus T&S

I ran my EXO most of last year with dry bag and beaver tail since I was hunting out of a truck most the year.

Now if he has any available would be the 60k dollar question. Worth the phone call though.

FYI: I was quoted $299 for just the frame today, so it would be $340 for the frame + load panel.

And the EXO beaver tail isn't near as versatile as the Kifaru cargo panel. If I recall, the EXO doesn't have any way to customize with pockets or pouches. It's just a piece of material with side loops for straps to grab onto.

LostArra

WKR
To answer the op question: only sale on Exo packs would be in the used market. There seems to be one of every manufacturer listed in the classified section every week or two.
I was kidding Steve when I ordered about their form having a Coupon Code and when you don't have it you feel like an idiot. As mentioned, the only sale was their initial offering.

OP
A

Alabama

FNG
Thanks for all the responses guys. I should have clarified that I really want the 3500. If I can find a 2015 used I'll probably go that route. It looks like there were some pretty good improvements from year 1 to 2. I would love to have multi-cam but that's really a moot point as I don't think it is an advantage over the solid colors when hunting.

Are the belts able to be changed if they don't fit? (I'm 38' waist) I think I need the large but I've read they will max out if close to the bottom range on waist sizes.

adirondak5

Lil-Rokslider
Yes , the belts are easily changed if you need to go up or down a size , i just went from large to medium with mine . There were some good improvements from the 2014 version to the 2015 version , the floating lid (on the 3500) , slight changes in the belt , material for the lining in the bag , to name a few . I sold my 2014 model and got one of the 2015 versions . Fit and comfort IMO is about the same for the 2 versions . I don't think you would be sorry with either version . The Load Panel at $40 is a bargain and will do what its designed to do just fine
As to a RokSlide discount , I don't think so but Steve would be the guy at Exo to ask , I would think with all the RokSliders that bought one of these packs if there were a discount we would know about it , I know Steve's S & S Archery offers one , but Exo is a different business/website .