Dont be to proud to check out the Thrift stores.....

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Tonight I stopped by the local Thrift store. Picked up this brand new LL Bean Coat

Last edited:

Tag stew

Lil-Rokslider
Went there and saw some trekking pole for $10 two weeks after my girl bought me some for $80!!!! Didn't have the heart to return hers.

jljmonky

FNG
I found an MSR Whisperlite International with no pump or tank in the plumbing section for $1.50...

colonel00

WKR
Yep, I love thrift stores. Found a Nalgene bottle the other day. Picked up a daily pill case that I can use to store spices and other small items if I need. Also, don't forget those dollar stores. Plenty of good items in there from cheapo, super light bowls to Chicken of the Sea tuna and salmon packets for a buck.

JDeanP

Lil-Rokslider
Dana Designs internal frame pack - $5
Nalgene bottle - $ .49
Filson wool coat - $30

Just a few items. If you look in the right places you can find anything on the cheap.

jherald

WKR
I'm not too proud to check out thrift stores. People here in AK often bring in high end gear to the thrift store to get rid of when they move out of state. You can snag some sweet stuff but you have to get it quick before the craiglisters snatch it and resale it.

Olydog09

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a set of Rocky Lynx 400 boots a couple years ago for $25.00. I don't think they were ever worn outside they were just like new.