Dove Opener 2022

Holski

FNG
Cant wait to get out this weekend! Each day I've seen more doves piling in so should be a fun shoot!

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
Out here it's just riDONKulously Hot ATM. A high heat advisory is in effect until end of Saturday, that I recall.

I'm electing to skip those first days of Deer Archery. Because it's uber hot... and... they still have a section of the Hwy 38 closed. The section I've been spending my time in this year. So when I DO go in... I'm gonna have to use these other Hwy's and do a super long roundabout way of getting to the same place.

Was for sure a fun opener! Always a good time on opening day of dove season
35358360a6710f4920079ebae9d08332.jpg

I shot two birds with the 20 gauge last night. The last couple of years we just haven't had the numbers on our little farm. I'm not sure why. It's still fun watching my dog work. Mid 80s this week in north Texas. Can't complain about that.

Wheels

WKR
I almost hit one with the truck yesterday! No dove opener for me this year, chasing mule deer in the mountains. Oh well, the deer are all my sunflowers anyway.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Took the 28 gauge for a spin last night. Managed a limit with a box of shells in an hour.

9ef1889fdf3dd42842c93278672ed2ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Color me jealous. That looks like a Beretta 686-I have one in 12 gauge and love it.

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
Is that a dove call? Lol
Heck Yeah it Is!
A Mourning Dove call.
And the isht works great at this location!

After I've been waiting a bit, I'll blow 2 Mourning Dove callouts. Works great!

With all the vast area they have to choose from to fly towards... wouldn't you rather have some tool which could encourage them to come and land on some trees nearest you? Total no-brainer.