Down the Sitka rabbit hole...!

Bigfeet

Lil-Rokslider
After a number of years of using my current early and midseason clothing beyond their past due date, its time for some new gear. Been analyzing, and over analyzing, all the options available and have narrowed down my choices. But, before I finalize anything, thought it would be smart to get opinions. Here is what I am currently thinking:
Early to mid season Elk and Mule Deer
I already have some decent base layers and a decent, light puffy (Patagonia). New pieces:
Sitka Kelvin Active Jacket - for an outer layer if its warm, and an inner layer for all seasons afterward.
Sitka Jetstream Jacket - primary outer layer for anything cooler than the Kelvin would be comfortable in.
Sitka Mountain Pant

I hope to use both the Kelvin and Jetstream as layers for later November Whitetails, etc. I already have a good heavy set of Cabelas bibs and pants that I have used for a number of years. Have sat in those down to -30 and they do a good job. But, for the -10 to +10 range (Celcius - Farenheit around 10-45), I am considering:
Sitka Equinox Hoody - if the Jetstream (and Kelvin) would layer under this piece, might be a good set to keep me comfortable.
Sitka Fanatic Lite Bib

Quite a few pieces, but I do need to replace both set of worn out gear. Really appreciate any opinions on these choices, or any other suggestions.

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
I can only speak to the whitetail lineups, so far. I feel the fanatic lite is a waste of money. The only benefit over the stratus may be that its more burr resistant. It isn't heavyweight, and it isn't windproof. I would strongly recommend the stratus over it because of the wind stopper, could even consider the regular fanatic with no layers under, but 45 is probably a little too warm for it.

Edan

FNG
I will second the whitetail lineup. I am a bit cold natured but I use the stratus mid to late season with layers under mostly merino but when its 20 or below I also have the celcius midi jacket I use. The fanatic lite is basically a version of the old scentlok savannah series if you ask me. Turkey season it would be fine, otherwise I think it is useless without a wind stopper barrier. I have the Fanatic jacket for late season and anything the stratus cant handle and it is very warm with one merino layer under, definetly not a mid season wear but late and below 20F it is great. I couldn't buy the fanatic bib because it is so bulky I couldn't move in it at all. It reminds me of a heater body suit. Maybe I am overstating but it is extremely bulky in my opinion. I wear the equinox or my first lite corroguate guide pants early season. I would freeze in the equinox anything below 40. Given this is all for stand hunting whitetail in the East. With movement those recommendations would change.

Foreman05

FNG
I have a stack of their whitetail line and was never really warm until this year When I bought the midi.
core LW hoody
fanatic hoody
Celsius midi
stratus coat

core lw bottom
equinox pants
stratus bibs

I used the traverse cold weather hoody (equinox hoody different color) before I bought the midi and it is not as warm. It is best suited for 40F + IMO.

I think I will be liquidating my whitetail line and replacing it with the sub alpine gear, I’m getting into western hunting and don’t want multiples of everything.

4dcfries

FNG
After a number of years of using my current early and midseason clothing beyond their past due date, its time for some new gear. Been analyzing, and over analyzing, all the options available and have narrowed down my choices. But, before I finalize anything, thought it would be smart to get opinions. Here is what I am currently thinking:
Early to mid season Elk and Mule Deer
I already have some decent base layers and a decent, light puffy (Patagonia). New pieces:
Sitka Kelvin Active Jacket - for an outer layer if its warm, and an inner layer for all seasons afterward.
Sitka Jetstream Jacket - primary outer layer for anything cooler than the Kelvin would be comfortable in.
Sitka Mountain Pant

I hope to use both the Kelvin and Jetstream as layers for later November Whitetails, etc. I already have a good heavy set of Cabelas bibs and pants that I have used for a number of years. Have sat in those down to -30 and they do a good job. But, for the -10 to +10 range (Celcius - Farenheit around 10-45), I am considering:
Sitka Equinox Hoody - if the Jetstream (and Kelvin) would layer under this piece, might be a good set to keep me comfortable.
Sitka Fanatic Lite Bib

Quite a few pieces, but I do need to replace both set of worn out gear. Really appreciate any opinions on these choices, or any other suggestions.
It’s worth checking out FORLOH as a new line of clothing gear. All sourced in the USA and made in the states. I was one of the first buyers of Sitka gear and it was made in Canada. Now it’s all in China. In fact the Chinese have copied their clothes under a similar brand name....same stuff half the price.

harris611

FNG
I use Stratus bibs alone (over core base layer ) from 60 - 40. Midi under Stratus bibs 40 - 30, then Fanatic bibs over base down to about 20, then Midi under Fanatic in the teens and below.

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
OP I would say the equinox which is essentially a traverse cold weather hoody in Elevated 2 camo has a similar function as the jetstream. The equinox is warmer but the jetstream is windproof. I would say you might be able to layer the jetstream over the equinox or traverse but you might have to size up. I don’t think you’ll want to layer jetstream under, and you’ll want that berber fleece inner of the equinox as a midlayer keeping you warm.
I see it as jetstream is the outer with the stratus being it’s whitetail equivalent
The Equinox is a midlayer that can be used as an outer in not so windy conditions
Kelvin Active is a breathable insulation piece also a midlayer