Dream Sheep Gun

Ryan28

FNG
If you could build your ultimate sheep gun what would you build? For me it would be.

Remington or clone action

26in proof barrel 7wsm 1-8 twist

Timney 517 trigger

Manners carbon fiber stock one of the hunting flavors.

Wapiti1

WKR
The one I built in 2016:
stainless Ruger 77MK2 action lengthened to 3.6" and put on a milling machine diet,
#2.5 contour fluted stainless x-caliber 1-9 twist in .300 Win Mag cut to 24", no brake
Brown Precision stock that I finished
stock Ruger bottom metal fitted with a new 3.6" magazine,
skeletonized Ruger rings and a Swaro 3-10 BRH scope.
It has an aftermarket trigger, but I don't recall which one.

Loaded with sling it weighs 7lbs.

Jeremy

Afhunter1

WKR
I built:

rem 700TI SA
300 WSM 23” pacnor # 2 SS
GA precision 3” mag box and bottom metal
Matte Black Cerakote
McMillan hunter with edge
SHV 3-10 illuminated forceplex
Hawkins long range hybrid rings

bout 7.5# loaded

hope it works in a few months

RedStag

Lil-Rokslider
Well I'd build basically what I was lucky enough to buy last year.

CA RIDGELINE Ti, 22inch barrel, brake. 6.5 prc

Id like to top it with a CDS from Leopold for anything further than 300yrds. Be nice to see this rifle in a 20" 308

Unreal rifle

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
Currently putting together an AnTi X with a HCA barrel in 7x57 with a nightforce 2.5-10 NXS. I was feeling a bit nostalgic.

ETtikka

WKR
I’m partial to tikka since they don’t require any work, but as a Tennessee guy, any capable gun would be fine if I was fortunate enough to be in sheep country with a tag.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m partial to tikka since they don’t require any work, but as a Tennessee guy, any capable gun would be fine if I was fortunate enough to be in sheep country with a tag.

It’s easy to overthink it and IMO one of the least important pieces of gear for a sheep hunt. Any hunting rifle will work and a tikka would make a nice basic sheep rifle for anybody who felt they wanted to upgrade. I’ve always just used a basic kimber 308 with a leupold 2.5-8 and it’s worked well.

I'm going in August and was planning on buying a Fieldcraft in 6.5 or .308 but its seemingly impossible to find them. So might to Mountain ascent. Reviews on the Kimbers seems a little hit and miss though.