Drew Deer

frogman43

FNG
I was camped out on BLM land yesterday morning when I received the news, Successful for 125-1. I wanted to spend more time looking the area over and getting familiar with it, however Thunderstorms were forecast, and the roads were already muddy, so broke camp and cleared out while the getting was good!

Retired in January so that I could move here and enjoy the rest of my life in wonderful Wyoming. Really looking forward to learning more about this large unit and enjoying scouting trips to it once the weather clears up a little!

PablitoPescador

Lil-Rokslider
My gramps drew that tag last year. He’s in his 80’s so our hunt consisted of driving lots of roads. He’s hunted it quite a few times in the past with pretty good success. He said it’s the fewest deer he’s ever seen. We only saw one herd on public the whole hunt. I’m sure if a guy put the time in you should be able to find a decent buck but I can’t say it was very encouraging last year. All of his buddies in his hometown of Worland seem to agree that the deer numbers are way down in that unit

OP
frogman43

frogman43

FNG
My gramps drew that tag last year. He’s in his 80’s so our hunt consisted of driving lots of roads. He’s hunted it quite a few times in the past with pretty good success. He said it’s the fewest deer he’s ever seen. We only saw one herd on public the whole hunt. I’m sure if a guy put the time in you should be able to find a decent buck but I can’t say it was very encouraging last year. All of his buddies in his hometown of Worland seem to agree that the deer numbers are way down in that unit
I tried to get in there earlier this week on a scouting trip, but the roads were not in good shape so left the area. I anticipate that it will take effort to locate bucks in there and will try to get off the roads as much as possible with these two rebuilt knees! Guess it will all depend upon the weather, but the plan is to be in the area from Oct 12 through Nov 17 to give it my best effort!

PablitoPescador

Lil-Rokslider
I tried to get in there earlier this week on a scouting trip, but the roads were not in good shape so left the area. I anticipate that it will take effort to locate bucks in there and will try to get off the roads as much as possible with these two rebuilt knees! Guess it will all depend upon the weather, but the plan is to be in the area from Oct 12 through Nov 17 to give it my best effort!
I hope you have some good luck! You’ll have a lot more time to find a good one than we did. The drought had a lot of deer on the private ag fields last year. Hopefully all this rain we’re having puts some critters in the badlands come season