Driving through Idaho

I'll be driving through Idaho this spring, and I'm hoping to take Magruder Corridor rd through the Bitteroots/Clearwater mountains.
My questions is, what is the earliest you think I'll be able to get through there based on snow melt? I know it can vary year to year with how much or little snow they get up there. Looking for advice from folks who have been through there before. I have a GMC sierra 2500 duramax with 4wd.
Thanks!

Dented

WKR
I just drove that route in November. Not anywhere near as hard core off road as I was led to believe. Snow and downed trees may be your largest obstacle. Most of the area is still recovering from forest fires.

I just drove that route in November. Not anywhere near as hard core off road as I was led to believe. Snow and downed trees may be your largest obstacle. Most of the area is still recovering from forest fires.
It's a good road by my standards. The road up to Burnt Knob could be considered rustic. That area will be forever in fire recovery.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'll be driving through Idaho this spring, and I'm hoping to take Magruder Corridor rd through the Bitteroots/Clearwater mountains.
My questions is, what is the earliest you think I'll be able to get through there based on snow melt? I know it can vary year to year with how much or little snow they get up there. Looking for advice from folks who have been through there before. I have a GMC sierra 2500 duramax with 4wd.
Thanks!
July

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

IMG_1801.jpeg

Keep an eye on the snotel. It could be a year that it opens earlier than normal. Snowpack looking well below average for the time being.