Ds204

I drew the ds204 motorized dcua sheep tag this year. I was wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions they can give me? I have hunted in the general area for moose but never for sheep. Thank you.

The first thing that you need to decide is if you are going to fly in or not. The air charter dates book up pretty quick. It isn't necessary to fly in, but you will get away from much of the pressure and be able to access areas that hunters couldn't get to on the early, non-motorized hunt. I hunted DS203 last year and ended up walking over 100 miles after it was all said and done...

OP
M
The first thing that you need to decide is if you are going to fly in or not. The air charter dates book up pretty quick. It isn't necessary to fly in, but you will get away from much of the pressure and be able to access areas that hunters couldn't get to on the early, non-motorized hunt. I hunted DS203 last year and ended up walking over 100 miles after it was all said and done...

I am planning on going in on my atv

fatbacks

WKR
There are only a few access points for ATVs and that seemed to be where everyone was. Plan on walking a lot. Had that tag last year. Walked over 75 miles but got a ram and a grizzly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are only a few access points for ATVs and that seemed to be where everyone was. Plan on walking a lot. Had that tag last year. Walked over 75 miles but got a ram and a grizzly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed! Be ready to race the other wheelers in! One year I was there once at midnight the day before opening, and it looked like the start of a NASCAR race :)

Hunt the mid to late season of the hunt dates. Was in one of the few areas with easy ATV access and did not see a single person all week last year. Also a lot of rams that are unreachable/unrecoverable throughout the first 30 days come out of the dangerous stuff due to weather in this area the last part of the season.

Once “into the area” with your mode of transportation, plan on the shoe leather express for 50 plus miles on a week long hunt.

We ended up taking a 35” double broomer. 10.5yr Old. Beautiful ram. Broomed off 8-11 inches of horn. Saw over 50 rams in the 3 days of actual hunting. Took 3 days to get him back to transportation.

Attachments

• EA657F03-F151-4345-BC1F-BD44786FAED9.jpeg
    EA657F03-F151-4345-BC1F-BD44786FAED9.jpeg
    363.9 KB · Views: 62