Ducks for a new guy

JesseTac

FNG
Nicely done! No dog or boat limits me as well, I’ll have to give the fishing pole retrieve a go

Fatcamp

WKR
Look around for a sit on top kayak. Light, cheap, great for access.

I might kill some ducks this fall. I always thought jumping them from the cattails in a kayak would be a hoot.

Gsheller

FNG
I can relate to hunting on a budget, but you don’t need all the expensive gear or professional trainers you see on tv to have a great duck dog. You only need a little time every day for training, and the old book titled “water dog” by Richard Wolters. Read the book, then get the dog, and repurpose your fishing rod for setting a dove decoy on a telephone wire. I promise you won’t regret it.

Takem

WKR
I can relate to hunting on a budget, but you don’t need all the expensive gear or professional trainers you see on tv to have a great duck dog. You only need a little time every day for training, and the old book titled “water dog” by Richard Wolters. Read the book, then get the dog, and repurpose your fishing rod for setting a dove decoy on a telephone wire. I promise you won’t regret it.

Great advise. I bought that book 25 years ago and have used it on a couple of chocolates that both turned out to be great hunters.