Duluth winter mitt experience?

Kotaman

WKR
What I find with most of these Insulated trigger finger mitts is that if the “trigger finger” is insulated, it’s useless as a trigger finger due to bulk. In that case, I usually opt for regular mitts with a super light glove on the tripper hand. I’ve bought a ton of “trigger finger” mitts and I have yet to find one that actually works to shoot with while on.

caesAR15

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the ones in your first post, OP. Had them for at least 2 years. I actually like them a lot, but as has been mentioned, you're not going to get your trigger finger into a trigger-well with them. They're actually a two-piece thing, with a 5 finger glove liner thing that fits inside the trigger mitt shell.

They've been plenty warm for me. But if you're intent is to have them on and also have the dexterity to safely pull the trigger during a hunt they won't work. I like them because they're warm and give me some basic functionality that normal mittens sometimes make difficult.

Hope this helps, if there's anything else I can explain or help with let me know.

Aries_Ranger

Lil-Rokslider
What I find with most of these Insulated trigger finger mitts is that if the “trigger finger” is insulated, it’s useless as a trigger finger due to bulk. In that case, I usually opt for regular mitts with a super light glove on the tripper hand. I’ve bought a ton of “trigger finger” mitts and I have yet to find one that actually works to shoot with while on.
Agreed.

I wear OR MITT Shells, Wool Fingerless gloves over thins liner gloves (OR), allows warmth and dexterity and still have that layer of protection when the mitts are off.

TSAMP

WKR
How do you think they would do
for ice fishing? I've been eyeing them for that sort of use. Obviously I won't be tieing lures but reeling and adjusting drag see. Possible?