Duplex Lite Clone

OP
T

tcg144

FNG
Made a 26” version last night. It went a lot smoother with the points taken from @WoodBow
Need to cut some longer arrow stays for this one and try it out. Ended up using a piece of surf rod blank I had for the tie/handle between the top of the frame sheet.

IMG_4258.jpegIMG_4259.jpeg

WoodBow

WKR
I think for my carry handle I sewed 2 pieces of 1" webbing together, to form a tube, and then forced 2 carbon arrow shafts into it. Very snug fit. I think i tried tubular webbing first but it was a baggier fit.

A 1/2" OD piece of aluminum tubing would fit very snug in two pieces of 1" sewed together. I think I'd do that, or go with 3/8" and sew tighter, or fiberglass, or carbon I guess. It's such a short length I don't think it's worth going after spendy carbon when aluminum or fiberglass would work.

WoodBow

WKR
A 1/2" OD piece of aluminum tubing would fit very snug in two pieces of 1" sewed together. I think I'd do that, or go with 3/8" and sew tighter, or fiberglass, or carbon I guess. It's such a short length I don't think it's worth going after spendy carbon when aluminum or fiberglass would work.
Broken arrows are free. My favorite price!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
T

tcg144

FNG
That piece is a piece of 2” that I sewed together and then flipped inside out and put the carbon surf rod blank in it. Was just a drop from a rod I made so didn’t cost anything. Gotta make another 24” for my hunting buddy and going to try arrow shafts from the junk pile.

OP
T

tcg144

FNG
3rd one is done. This one turned out pretty clean. Should be it for packs for now, package came today from dutchware, I am going to try to make a tarp similar to dst

Attachments

• IMG_4365.jpeg
    IMG_4365.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 19