Dusting Off Bow- Seeing slower speeds

Hey Roksliders, As a newish dad, its been 10+ months since I picked up my bow. Went out and sent some downrange this week, but noticed significantly lower points of impact. I ended up dropping my pins across the board out to 60 and think I may not be able to use my 7th pin for 80 yds (older spot hogg seven deadly pins). Haven't noticed any changes in ATA, and timing marks still look good. My bow is a 2015 Bowtech Carbon Icon, with maybe 750 shots on GAS strings.

Any insights could be helpful!

possibly just you. its been a year so perhaps youre doing something different, it happens. another good thing to do is take a measurement of your peep distance to check for any movement, an 1/8" will make a difference in POI

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
Recheck timing but also pay attention to your grip / torque. Different torque could impact speed of bow which would account for lower impact.

Get some reps downrange. Find your form and follow through again.

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
String/cable stretch causing peak poundage to be lower and/or cam timing is a bit off now.
Or, 10 months later you are anchoring a bit differently.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It's either you or something has moved like the peep or the rest. I have a few bows that I rarely shoot, but they're all still ready to go if need be. Anchor, peep, rest would be my focus. Now if the actual chrono speed is way different than before, then I'd just start from scratch.

Out of "shooting shape"

I would shoot a little every day for a week and try to get another 200+ arrows in and then go recheck marks. Along with that ... as has been said above put your bow on a scale and weigh your peak draw weight, check timing on a draw board and REALLY pay attention to peep location and anchor.

Strings don't stretch as many people think but rather overly built servings settle into the cam tracks of your bow and that can create a situation where timing marks on cams dont change BUT your ATA and Brace could potentially move 1/8" and that produces a shift in points of impact.

draw with your eyes closed and anchor.

Nose on the string.

Make sure everything FEELS right and the same THEN open your eyes and check peep location. Your anchor can shift or feel different as we gain/lose body weight, change releases, shorten or lengthen releases, etc.

OP
haydukelives
Thank y'all for the great suggestions! More reps are my starting point, and I'll put the eyes closed draw and anchoring into practice. I don't have a drawboard handy, but its probably time to take it to the shop for a tune check as well.

again, many thanks for your insights.

just shoot a broadhead. assuming it was in tune before and you use fixed blade, it should still shoot the same as the fieldpoint. if it doesn't, then look at timing or rest.