Eastern Canada guide recommendations

barrycuda

FNG
At 70 yrs old trying to fulfill my bucket list moose within the next couple of years. I am looking into eastern or northeastern Canada, maybe Newfoundland, since I live in Virginia and would like to drive. I am looking for guide recommendations to hopefully fill my bucket with moose meat. Thanks
Barry

Benjaminwill80

Lil-Rokslider
Highly recommend Next Ridge Outfitters in Newfoundland. Did a great job for my dad and I. Dad is 73 and was able to take his with a bow.

My only advice with Newfoundland is talk with the outfitters as to what kind of ground you will be hunting. We just got back and we spent the entire week in the bogs and black spruce. The only dry areas were on top of the mountains. I'm 51 and my buddy is 47 we averaged 7.5 miles a day (one day was 10)walking in this and it was not easy to say the least. It took alot of alieve every night to get the old legs and hips ready to go the next day. We talked and said that our dads in their early 70's could never have done this kind of hunt. That is why I am saying talk to the outfitters to see what the terrain will be like that you will be hunting, I believe there maybe some out fitters that have a little easier terrain to get around in. There are alot of moose there and I had opportunities at smaller moose all week but I was trying for a good bull so I challenged myself with going further.
Good luck on your search!!!

Hello, I'm 64 and my buddy is a little older! Had another guy from Pa. that was 75 and this was his 9th trip back to New Foundland for Moose. Seven hunters in camp 4 of them where repeat customers and all of us killed bulls 3rd week of Sept 2023 Ocean Side Country Lodge owner Hazen Chippett. Taylored hunts to what we wanted I hunted (Called from tree stands early in day and evenings) Then walked bogs during midday. Killed mine like that. Buddy can't get around as good as I he hunted from stands and killed his one evening with me setting with him in stand. Son and I are booked to go back 2026.

Had meat frozen in New Foundland packed in coolers with no air space. Put gear and clothes on top of coolers in rear of my GMC and drove home in 3 days including ferry ride. I have a indoor outdoor thermometer I lay the outdoor sensor inside one of the coolers and put the inside one in the cab so we can monitor meat temp without opening cooler. was 28.6 F when we open them up in Virginia. No ice required.