Eastern Colorado Mule Deer Units

JonRush

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, looking for some opinions on Eastern Colorado units for a mule deer hunt next season. I know eastern is somewhat limited in comparison to the western half, but I’ve never hunted the eastern side. Thanks in advance!

LJ Buck

WKR
Primarily Private. If you have access it can be a lot of fun. If your looking for public land hunt then go west.

OP
J

JonRush

Lil-Rokslider
Primarily Private. If you have access it can be a lot of fun. If your looking for public land hunt then go west.
Thanks LJ, I appreciate your response! Is there any eastern units available for public land? I know most are private, just not sure how much public is out there on the eastern side.

OP
J

JonRush

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks LJ, I appreciate your response! Is there any eastern units available for public land? I know most are private, just not sure how much public is out there on the eastern side.
Do you have some suggested units on the western side?

Cornhusker

Lil-Rokslider
Most people aren't going to share units on the internet as it drives the draw odds up. I really think the Colorado Game and Fish site has a lot of assets that can help you in making a decision. If that doesn't work for you possibly subscribe to gohunt.com or Eastman's to give you a little more insight. Figure out what you can draw with and if you have points pick a unit get start learning it.

There are nice mule deer all over the state...do your research across the forums and you should be able to find a couple units to apply for next fall

Colorado Parks and Wildlife website has draw stats for tags and info on success rates so you don't necessarily need to pay money to research which tags you are able to draw with a given number of preference points