Eastern Oregon Elk Rut

Benjblt

WKR
This is a simple question . . I feel. The elk season is roughly a week later this year in Oregon.. 4 weeks long. . all of September essentially. It usually ends the 3rd week of September and that's your best bet for weather and rut activity. Right now my group of guys are planning on going the last week of September. Any thoughts on what the rut activity will be like vs the 3rd and even the 2nd week of September?

InDeep

WKR
It will be in October. Everyone knows they don't rut in season in Oregon . They Identify as deer .

elk will go in and out 2nd week on . 4th week will sound like Yellowstone everywhere . Just not by Elk ! Good luck

Marble

WKR
You just have to cover ground to find either cows or bulls ready to breed or fight. Cooler weather helps, but it isn't everything.

I've had days of silence and hours of insane crazy rut action. Put yourself in the right place with knowledge, experience and a little luck. Elk hunting becomes one of life's greatest pleasures.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

This is a simple question . . I feel. The elk season is roughly a week later this year in Oregon.. 4 weeks long. . all of September essentially. It usually ends the 3rd week of September and that's your best bet for weather and rut activity. Right now my group of guys are planning on going the last week of September. Any thoughts on what the rut activity will be like vs the 3rd and even the 2nd week of September?
After the 25th it will start to taper off, or maybe just die suddenly. . . until second cycle cows in early October

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
Week 1 - they are in pre rut, bulls aren’t bugling
Week 2 - they’re close but not fired up yet, bulls aren’t bugling
Week 3 - still not fired up, any day, bulls aren’t bugging
Week 4 - rut over, bulls aren’t bugling
So cynical. Love it.