Easton Hexx Arrows

HH393

FNG
Has anyone used these arrows before, I am considering giving them a shot and running some different vanes if I need to.

I’ve been using them since I got my most recent bow set up- a new to me Mathews Heli-M.

68 lb draw. 29 inch draw.
330 spine. 29 inch shaft length.

I’ve been happy with them set up with 50 grain front insert and 125 grain QAD Exodus broadheads.

Blew through my first archery muley at 47 yards.

Haven’t been able to close the deal on an elk yet, but no complaints with the Hexx arrow.

a106d21b4fdbb5f7e4ed877e0ff1341f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot them for about two years. 260 spine with 200 up front and about 515 total. Not bad arrows at all, I was very happy with them.

OP
H

HH393

FNG
Solid, I am Canadian so shipments have been delayed, take what I can get. I was really wanting Victory VAP 300, but it was going to take 8 weeks. HEXX are in stock at 330, I shoot a 29.5 inch arrow thinking of shooting these with some 3 inch vanes and seeing how they work. Thanks for the advice.

OP
H

HH393

FNG
I’ve been using them since I got my most recent bow set up- a new to me Mathews Heli-M.

68 lb draw. 29 inch draw.
330 spine. 29 inch shaft length.

I’ve been happy with them set up with 50 grain front insert and 125 grain QAD Exodus broadheads.

Blew through my first archery muley at 47 yards.

Haven’t been able to close the deal on an elk yet, but no complaints with the Hexx arrow.

a106d21b4fdbb5f7e4ed877e0ff1341f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a similar setup, nice deer brother. I was looking at those broadheads as well.

ncavi8tor

WKR
Easton Hexx are my primary hunting shafts. I love the insert system and ability to load up the front without a high GPI shaft. I am running them with a Uni-bushing and X nocks to give me a little more protection on the back end when shooting groups into foam. Their spine is some of the most consistent in that price range. It would be very difficult to find a better arrow for the money! And a plus: Made in the USA!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Sled

WKR
agree on the inserts. 50/75gr brass that sits flush to the squared carbon. i have the 330's at 28.5" for my 30.5"dl and shooting 65lbs typically. i can use those interchangably with my rip xv's with hit inserts and footers. both come out right at 420gr with my 100gr heads.

Zac

WKR
They are supposed to be very consistent yet fairly fragile compared to an Axis. Jesse Broadwater shoots them at whitetail if that helps. If only Easton could use the same magic resin Goldtip uses we could have the perfect arrow :).

Sled

WKR
They are supposed to be very consistent yet fairly fragile compared to an Axis. Jesse Broadwater shoots them at whitetail if that helps. If only Easton could use the same magic resin Goldtip uses we could have the perfect arrow :).

true they are no GT hunter but the GPI is way better for a good FOC. the axis has fiberglass or ballistic fiber (whatever that is) and more prone to bending i'm told. i shot the TAC with a guy using those a few years back and he went thru quite a few.

Reactions: Zac

Zac

WKR
Yeah I wish somehow a company would figure out how to bridge durability and consistency. This is always the two opposing themes I'm fighting when choosing either Goldtip or Easton.

Trial153

WKR
Good shafts, little light GPI but you can get them to usable weight with 75 grain brass H inserts

Sled

WKR
Good shafts, little light GPI but you can get them to usable weight with 75 grain brass H inserts
That's what I like most about them. No need to go crazy with extra weight up front. Just don't add a lot to the back and use the included brass inserts.

Sled

WKR
My buddy and I shot the TAC at snowbasin today and we were surprised at the durability of the hexx arrows we shot. The course was setup more like prime with rocks and trees blocking vitals. Between the two of us we had 6 or 7 shots that missed and should have resulted in broken arrows. We flexed and inspected, replaced the field tips and continued on. We did break a few but that's to be expected when you drill rock with them.

ncavi8tor

WKR
I've never had a problem with their durability!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk