Easton Injections? Good, bad, ugly?

You can use the VAP Penetrator2 Gold insert/outsert with the Injexion 330 spine arrows and shoot any broadhead. They fit my A/C Injexions perfectly. I absolutely love these shafts - extremely straight with perfect spine around the shaft (SAS). Very accurate and consistent - great in the wind and noteworthy penetration gains in every target I've shot into over standard diameters. This is a high-grade target arrow made heavier for hunting. It uses the same core tube as the A/C/E shafts - which on another note - if you want to rock a super lightweight Injexion you could run A/C/E's with Injexion inserts and broadheads. You could get .370's and cut the back end about 3" shorter to stiffen them up to about .330 spine (The A/C/E is a barreled shaft - it's ground to a smaller diameter at the front and back to maximize stiffness and improve aerodynamics). A/C/E's wouldn't be as durable, but just a fun fact that might interest a few people. On the flip side, A/C/E glue in componenents like target points will fit the Injexion if you wanted to use them for a field archery arrow.

The UGLY part is the factory wrap - just cut them off and refletch. The factory wrap is brittle and too heavy. I don't remember the exact numbers (I wrote a review for Eastmans' Bowhunting) with some more info.

Coop

The reverse of the reverse lol. The D6 inserts also fit the VAP's so your not stuck with outserts ( some people hate them) I looked at the Injections but like a lot of the other posters they do not spine out for me. I was listening to a pod cast a few month ago and a guy was saying the real advance the last few years hasn't been better bows but the advancement in arrows. there is some many options for arrow builds its really fun. I love building arrows with Otarget2 ...

ontarget7

WKR
The reverse of the reverse lol. The D6 inserts also fit the VAP's so your not stuck with outserts ( some people hate them) I looked at the Injections but like a lot of the other posters they do not spine out for me. I was listening to a pod cast a few month ago and a guy was saying the real advance the last few years hasn't been better bows but the advancement in arrows. there is some many options for arrow builds its really fun. I love building arrows with Otarget2 ...

I have used OT2 and others the last 8 years and they are a very good tool for choosing the right spine. However, I have used them so much through my tuning I have learned what I can and cannot get away with. I find in most cases if your bow is tuned right meaning lateral and vertical nock travel is optimized for your set up you will find that even when you are a little on the weak side to their hunting filter option you will have very good performance still. A current example of this is with my Spyder 30 at 70# 29" draw with a 330 Injexion's cut to 27" raw shaft 100 gr tip, 2" Blazers and G nock weighing 421 gr. Now when you adjust for the bows IBO rating since they are very conservative on these bows you will find it on the weak side. My adjusted IBO rating is coming in more like 344-345 IBO. Despite this it tunes on the money for bareshafts, fletched and broadheads all hitting the same at 20 yards. Long range groups have been great as well with fieldpoints and broadheads. I can list a ton more bows that will tune just fine a little on the weak side per different archery programs. I guess my point being, don't be afraid to test the waters a little in regards to their optimal arrow selection choice in the software. Here a couple pics of chrono reading through my S30 and these very slightly but have been very consistent. They show how a different hold into the wall can produce different speeds. My particular hold is coming in right at 303 fps on a regular basis.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366432015.748981.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366432030.549810.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366432046.551462.jpg

Last edited:

vcb

WKR
That's good to know because when I play around with combinations on " the archery program" my spine for injextions 330s definitely shows weak. Axis 300 puts me in the optimal spine. But I'm also going to see if I can cut the shaft a little shorter as well. It's cool to play with different combinations and see how it affects spine in the programs

dryflyguy

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered some injexions, but am wondering if I should switch my order to the a/c injexions. Comments?

Does anyone run real feathers with a helical on these? I debated on running 4" feathers vs. the blazer vanes.

ontarget7

WKR
That's good to know because when I play around with combinations on " the archery program" my spine for injextions 330s definitely shows weak. Axis 300 puts me in the optimal spine. But I'm also going to see if I can cut the shaft a little shorter as well. It's cool to play with different combinations and see how it affects spine in the programs

What are your bow specs on the Insanity ? Referring to draw weight and draw length

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just ordered some injexions, but am wondering if I should switch my order to the a/c injexions. Comments?

Does anyone run real feathers with a helical on these? I debated on running 4" feathers vs. the blazer vanes.

Although I haven't shot the A/C Injexions I have been told by a few people that the Carbon Injexions fly better and are more accurate.

vcb

WKR
29" @ 68 lbs. with a 100 grain head. That shows just a Little on the weak side but not much. However if I put anymore weight up front it gets weak according to the spine chart. I was thinking about adding a second insert(20grains) for a total upfront of 140. With a 125 head I could get 165 up front that would really bump my foc.....do those numbers sound right to you Shane?

vcb

WKR
Axis 300's are right in the middle according to the archery program. AND I can then shoot my standard fixed slick tricks! I would like to get my arrow figured out and then bring it up to you for the tune

ontarget7

WKR
29" @ 68 lbs. with a 100 grain head. That shows just a Little on the weak side but not much. However if I put anymore weight up front it gets weak according to the spine chart. I was thinking about adding a second insert(20grains) for a total upfront of 140. With a 125 head I could get 165 up front that would really bump my foc.....do those numbers sound right to you Shane?

Axis 300's are right in the middle according to the archery program. AND I can then shoot my standard fixed slick tricks! I would like to get my arrow figured out and then bring it up to you for the tune

You could shoot either the Carbon Injexions or the 300 axis, it just depends what route you want to go. The 330 Injexions are on the slightly weaker side of the OT2 program but it is within the boundaries that I still have very good results. If you where to go the Injexions I would cut them at 27.5" to 28" raw shaft, I wouldn't go longer than that. The 300 Axis shafts give you the flexibility if you wanted to add more weight up front.

Any more info on these? I am thinking about picking some up.

How are they for being accuarate beyond 60 yards?

Which choice would be better? The A/C or the Carbon and why?

ontarget7

WKR
Any more info on these? I am thinking about picking some up.

How are they for being accuarate beyond 60 yards?

Which choice would be better? The A/C or the Carbon and why?

I would choose the Carbon Injexions for the little more FOC. I feel they have the better balance between the two.

I am currently shooting them out of one of my bows with very good results. Very good groups out to 100 yards.

Just to add a quick hunting review: I shot Injexions a couple weeks ago on a hog hunt. I could not believe how they held up, as compared to the Axis that I normally hunt with. I shot one arrow thru a hogs throat and it buried into a log. I couldn't get the broadhead out, but could unscrew the arrow. The arrow did not have a compressed/crushed shaft tip, behind the broadhead, like my Axis often did.

I also put a couple into hogs that rolled over on the arrows, and none of them broke. My Axis often broke when this happened.

I know these are only observations and is not scientific in any way. However, I normally go thru a couple Axis on each of these hunts, and on this one, I didn't break a single Injexion.

I have also been shooting them recently on really windy days, out to 60 yards, and the lack of wind drift is impressive! The wind blows me around, but the arrows fly on the money!

dryflyguy

Lil-Rokslider
Just to add a quick hunting review: I shot Injexions a couple weeks ago on a hog hunt. I could not believe how they held up, as compared to the Axis that I normally hunt with. I shot one arrow thru a hogs throat and it buried into a log. I couldn't get the broadhead out, but could unscrew the arrow. The arrow did not have a compressed/crushed shaft tip, behind the broadhead, like my Axis often did.

I also put a couple into hogs that rolled over on the arrows, and none of them broke. My Axis often broke when this happened.

I know these are only observations and is not scientific in any way. However, I normally go thru a couple Axis on each of these hunts, and on this one, I didn't break a single Injexion.

I have also been shooting them recently on really windy days, out to 60 yards, and the lack of wind drift is impressive! The wind blows me around, but the arrows fly on the money!

Have you tried any other broadheads than the Exodus? I am trying to decide what broadhead I am going to use with these arrows.

vcb

WKR
Dryfly, I'm in the same boat trying to figure what d6 broad I want to test / shoot. For fixed I have a pack of solid broadheads on order and you have read all the positive reviews on exodus d6

ontarget7

WKR
Just another update with the Injexion arrows. I have found the problem with the slight wobble and the splintering at the shaft has been from field tips that were not quite machined all the way to the base of the shank of the fieldpoints. This created 2 problems, 1) you had to run the stone more than usual to get the fieldpoints to sit true and flat with the shaft. This caused to much of a taper in the inside diameter of the shaft and I feel it would loose some strength. This showed up with the slight splintering at the base of the shaft when you hit something firm. 2) Would be if you did not stone that sharper taper into the shaft the fieldpoints would not fit flush and with harder impacts it would cause the fieldpoints to bend at their shanks. Bottom line either way if you have fieldpoints that are not machined completely flat to the shank where it seats on your shaft you will probably have some issues.

I will try and take a couple pics to show what I am referring to.

Despite this issue I had with some faulty tips, I will be shooting them this year because they are performing very well. The specs are extremely tight in straightness and in spine tolerance. They are also much tougher than I originally thought. With the right tips that are machined correctly they have been holding up just fine with no wobble in the fieldpoints or splintering of the shaft.

ontarget7

WKR
Cool thanks for your update and research brother

You are welcome bro. Here is a pic, the fieldpoint on the left has the raised ring at the base of the shank where it meets the flat surface that seats on your shaft.

Attachments

• Injexions.jpg
    Injexions.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 33
OP
Racethesunset
Fantastic information, great job man. That wobble from the field tips makes me wonder.

I have consistent accuracy that slightly moves around the target between pins, e.g. I am actually seeing better results at 40-50 vs 20-30 yards with the Injexions, 28.5" draw and cut, 400s, 100g tip. Could the field tip wobble affect it? Or am I just lining the sight a bit differently between pins like a noob would tend to do?

ontarget7

WKR
Fantastic information, great job man. That wobble from the field tips makes me wonder.

I have consistent accuracy that slightly moves around the target between pins, e.g. I am actually seeing better results at 40-50 vs 20-30 yards with the Injexions, 28.5" draw and cut, 400s, 100g tip. Could the field tip wobble affect it? Or am I just lining the sight a bit differently between pins like a noob would tend to do?

What are your bow specs ? What bow as well ?