Easton Sonic 6.0

Anyone using them? Their gpi seems very reasonable 9.5 gpi on a 250 spine VS 11.7 gpi on the 5mm axis . Its a little bigger diameter but would eliminate the need for all the "extra" heavy inserts and collars

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
They're next up on my list. Mirror the GPI of the Victory RIP TKO's I'm currently using but would allow for standard inserts (either aluminum or brass) like you mentioned.

Haven't looked at OD measurements between the two but can't imagine they're incredibly far off.

OCHO505

Lil-Rokslider
I loved the concept but why they took a great arrow and made it .006 straightness is beyond me. I am sure it will still fly fine but was poor choice IMO. I am using Spartans currently, which I like a lot!

Anyone using them? Their gpi seems very reasonable 9.5 gpi on a 250 spine VS 11.7 gpi on the 5mm axis . Its a little bigger diameter but would eliminate the need for all the "extra" heavy inserts and collars
Been playing around with these for a few months. They seem like good arrows to me. Went from 250 spine FMJ's to these and it took my arrow from 524 to 422 grains. Sure shortened my sight tape a lot too. I will say with the light arrow my bow sounds much louder than before. Also feel longer shots seem a little more inconsistent out around 80-110 yards.

shooting a Hoyt Ventum 30 29" draw at 80lbs

CowboyD

FNG
I recently tried them, and they are a great light gpi arrow. After watching videos showing little difference in penetration of heavy slow arrows compared to light fast arrows, I've changed to light fast arrows to gain the trajectory advantage.

OP
D
I recently tried them, and they are a great light gpi arrow. After watching videos showing little difference in penetration of heavy slow arrows compared to light fast arrows, I've changed to light fast arrows to gain the trajectory advantage.

you need "adult" arrows to see the difference #ranchfairy

three5x5s

WKR
FEATURES:

• 6mm ST Inserts included (18 grains)
  • 6mm reduced-diameter higher-velocity 100% carbon-fiber construction
  • Factory helical fletched w/ 2” Blazer Vanes
  • Pre-installed 6mm nocks
  • Straightness +/- .003”
  • Made in USA
  • from easton web site
looks like they are .003

Last edited:

TheTone

WKR
I’m sure I’m in the minority but I wish they were heavier gpi, closer to axis. I shot a previous discontinued 6mm that I loved mainly for the “standard” components

MattB

WKR
I would worry about durability based on the gpi specs. There is no free lunch.

Reactions: Zac

TheTone

WKR
I like BE Spartans better because of the fact that it uses .204 nocks, so I can run IP5s.
I haven’t looked but I’d assume Easton has a nock bushing that will accommodate that. My previous 6mm shafts did

OP
D
I would worry about durability based on the gpi specs. There is no free lunch.
If you compare Eastons GPI to other manufacturers, they're very similar and probably true to advertisement. Easton's 5mm arrows are probably the heaviest 5mm out there

In my experience, Easton is VERY consistent in sticking to their GPI weight advertisement. I bought some other brand arrows and they were a full .7 grains heavier than advertised

Last edited:

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
I've been shooting them for a couple months. No complaints, so far. I had a couple off shots at a recent TAC and they're still in good shape.

fordnut

FNG
b6d0eb26e2a30859b5fc63ae9e3cf4e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk