Eberlestock EMOD

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to see who’s used the Eberlestock EMOD/ F1 frame and what configurations you’ve used. Looking to do day hunts, but I also backpack in for short stints (2-4 days). I’m liking the way you can swap from a big bag to small ones and I like the batwing bags too just want some real opinions on it. O have a mystery ranch marshall that’s 7 years old that I was going to give my dad if I upgraded.

I have a F1 with the two batwings and a spike duffle. I saddle hunt deep public, the pack is more than I need. I will tell ya for sure that the quality is top notch. I was really hoping to do more backpacking and a out west trip but probably never will, just a Indiana boy who loves chasing whitetail! Sorry I'm not more help.

Interested in this as well, especially the F1 frame with the Vapor packs that Eberlestock offers.

I’m a lot like archeryus…..I use the mainframe pack and day hunt whitetail deep in public areas. I use the bat wings. I have enjoyed the pack so far, but I do wish they offered a pack that had more compartment storage. Most of their packs are very large open sacks that may be good for a long pack in trip, but isn’t useful for a day whitetail hunt. I enjoy a pack that has some separate storage areas for what I carry to make things easier to organize and find. I ended up buying a smaller sized molle pack and strapping it to my bat wings using zip ties so I can have a small compartment to store small items like my phone charger, grunt call, release, milkweed, etc.

IMO, they really need a pack to add to the mainframe that offers more compartmentalization than what they currently offer for guys like me that don’t need a huge open duffel bag to carry in the woods for a simple day hunt.

As far as the frame itself, it’s amazing. Very comfortable. The design is top notch. I’m glad I have it and wouldn’t hesitate to buy it if you’re okay with having packs without much in the way of compartments. It’s a great frame

Attachments

• 71677627383__3F09FCAF-2415-4A43-964C-D6DEB850B6E4.jpeg
    71677627383__3F09FCAF-2415-4A43-964C-D6DEB850B6E4.jpeg
    374.8 KB · Views: 16
I’m a lot like archeryus…..I use the mainframe pack and day hunt whitetail deep in public areas. I use the bat wings. I have enjoyed the pack so far, but I do wish they offered a pack that had more compartment storage. Most of their packs are very large open sacks that may be good for a long pack in trip, but isn’t useful for a day whitetail hunt. I enjoy a pack that has some separate storage areas for what I carry to make things easier to organize and find. I ended up buying a smaller sized molle pack and strapping it to my bat wings using zip ties so I can have a small compartment to store small items like my phone charger, grunt call, release, milkweed, etc.

IMO, they really need a pack to add to the mainframe that offers more compartmentalization than what they currently offer for guys like me that don’t need a huge open duffel bag to carry in the woods for a simple day hunt.

As far as the frame itself, it’s amazing. Very comfortable. The design is top notch. I’m glad I have it and wouldn’t hesitate to buy it if you’re okay with having packs without much in the way of compartments. It’s a great frame
I agree, I also took a multipack and use it as a chest rig. I also think some use the bandit and strap it up.

I have a tall one for sale I’m really trying to move. Has batwings and upgraded harness and belt. Feel free to dm me i can work on a price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronge

FNG
I have a tall F1 mainframe, two bat wings the 4500 dry bag and the spike duffel and a large padded acc. pouch and the laser cut utility panel, extra padded shoulder straps and extra padded belt.

I love the frame, like everyone says top notch. I haven't even used the extra padded belt or harness yet. I have only used it for day hikes with whitetail so far and no deep walk ins. longest was probably 3 maybe 4 miles. I have packed out two white tail with it and its almost like walking with nothing at all. the two bat wings carry everything that I need for a day hunt. I divide stuff up with pouches to keep it all separate so that I don't have to dig through a bunch of loose stuff.

I do with that the accessory pouch for the belt would attach with traditional molle snaps vs. the system that they use.

I think I will be adding a riffle scabbard by next season.

OP
EricBender208

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
I have a tall F1 mainframe, two bat wings the 4500 dry bag and the spike duffel and a large padded acc. pouch and the laser cut utility panel, extra padded shoulder straps and extra padded belt.

I love the frame, like everyone says top notch. I haven't even used the extra padded belt or harness yet. I have only used it for day hikes with whitetail so far and no deep walk ins. longest was probably 3 maybe 4 miles. I have packed out two white tail with it and its almost like walking with nothing at all. the two bat wings carry everything that I need for a day hunt. I divide stuff up with pouches to keep it all separate so that I don't have to dig through a bunch of loose stuff.

I do with that the accessory pouch for the belt would attach with traditional molle snaps vs. the system that they use.

I think I will be adding a riffle scabbard by next season.
How tall are you if you don’t mind me asking? I cant decide on if i need a tall frame or not.

Ronge

FNG
How tall are you if you don’t mind me asking? I cant decide on if i need a tall frame or not.
I am 6’3”. I have the tall and I feel there is plenty of room for the load lifters. There are times when I am bush wacking I wish I had a little shorter frame, but the load lifters wouldn’t work as well. It’s a balancing act you have to decide which would benefit you more or annoy you less.

Ronge

FNG
This is the last piece of my set up. I made it, helps hold every thing tight and don’t have to worry about blaze orange requirements

Attachments

• IMG_2351.jpeg
    IMG_2351.jpeg
    309.2 KB · Views: 11

J.Hunt

FNG
I have an F1 mainframe that I use with the old style (V1) Vapor 2500. Fits everything I need for 4 days/nights (September), with just my closed cell foam sleeping pad strapped to the outside on the load shelf. There's not a cubic inch to spare, but it works out very nicely. I really like packing it tight and still being able to access everything quickly by unzipping the U shaped panel. Really great bag design.

I've also used it with batwings and a 35L Koyukon drybag. I like the Vapor 2500 setup much better.

The regular size frame, on the other hand, only works well if you have a short torso and can use it with the shoulder harness in the lowest position. Otherwise, the load lifters become non-functional.

MT-nuffgun

Lil-Rokslider
I have the F1 with the vapor 5000 pack. I love it. The vapor is the original with the roll top. I like how small I can make the bag. It is very versatile from deer day hunts to 3-4 day elk and bear hunts. Last season was my first season with it. I packed out 1 elk, 1 antelope, and 2 deer with it. It was way more comfortable than my old J34.

shwacker

FNG
I have an f1 tall (get the tall no matter your height) and about every accessory under the sun. It is great for hauling big loads and relatively comfortable.

I don't love to use it as a day pack for something like turkey because the load shelf is annoying to me. I honestly don't think it adds a lot of value and wish they'd offer one without it. I also have concerns about the hypalon type fabric that wraps over the bar wearing out fast.

I prefer just the vapor 5000 or 2500 for day trips. They are light and have enough pockets, good access but simple. The zip on dry bags are burly af and I would use those a lot if I lived where it rained more, but the access into the bottom is hard and I just use trash or dry bags.

You will also want a few accessory straps to cinch down meat.

The batwings seem cool, but I haven't figured them out. I like to use a water bladder, and it takes up one by itself. Then the other for first aid kit and food and game bags. Not much room for a puffy etc. I could see for a spotter.

OP
EricBender208

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
I have an f1 tall (get the tall no matter your height) and about every accessory under the sun. It is great for hauling big loads and relatively comfortable.

I don't love to use it as a day pack for something like turkey because the load shelf is annoying to me. I honestly don't think it adds a lot of value and wish they'd offer one without it. I also have concerns about the hypalon type fabric that wraps over the bar wearing out fast.

I prefer just the vapor 5000 or 2500 for day trips. They are light and have enough pockets, good access but simple. The zip on dry bags are burly af and I would use those a lot if I lived where it rained more, but the access into the bottom is hard and I just use trash or dry bags.

The batwings seem cool, but I haven't figured them out. I like to use a water bladder, and it takes up one by itself. Then the other for first aid kit and food and game bags. Not much room for a puffy etc. I could see for a spotter.
It’ll be a dedicated big game bag. I went into Eberlestock HQ and they told me bring every piece of gear that I planned on bringing for a 4 day trip (rifle included) in and they’ll help me get a set up.

MT-nuffgun

Lil-Rokslider

I am 5’9” tall and I took this advice when ordering mine. The tall version rested against the back of my head with the load lifters all the way loose (extremely uncomfortable). I returned it and reordered the regular size, fit was perfect and I still had a ton of height on the load lifters.

You can fit a hydration pouch directly to the frame between the bat wings. I will sometimes use the scabbard then a hydration pouch on top of it. It’s a little snug but it frees up both bat wings. Or you can use one of the bat wings for a bladder then stuff your puffy or other extra clothes in the space between the frame and the bat wings.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Use the F1 tall, 6’, a Transformer pack, batwings, saddlebag and dry bag. All this allows me to configure for any situation. Also have a rifle scabbard that I’ve only used once, I mainly bowhunt.
Next week I’ll have my blind, chair and decoys strapped to it for turkey season. Probably just use the saddlebag and batwings.